Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Alright folks I checked throughout the forums and on YouTube.

I am doing an Auto-to-Manual swap on an '03 Base RSX A/T

I got my hands on a 37820-PND-A07 ECU that came out of an '03 Base RSX M/T.

NOTE :
I am sending out this ECU to get it KPRO'ed

======

After looking over some posts and some videos, I am just wanting someone to confirm my understanding on how to get my existing keys and immobilizer to work with the new ECU .

1) - Will an immobilizer / key programmer machine be able to get the keys, immobilizer and the M/T ECU to all sync up ?

2) - Will doing this by a Locksmith or the Dealership erase my KPRO settings / map ?

And would it make my car not driveable ?

3 ) - How easy would it be for me to get my KPRO settings loaded back onto my ECU if they get erased by a Locksmith or the Dealer ?

======

NOTE: Just to be clear, I am wanting to keep the full security function of the immobilizer, while also using KPRO.

======

Just looking for confirmation, or if there is anything else I should know .

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
112 Posts
disable immobilizer in kpro, drive to dealership and have them program keys/immobilizer to ecu. it's on the forum somewhere
This.

The only reason for getting the keys programmed after having kpro is to get rid of the blinking immobilizer light. It does get quite annoying after awhile. The ECU remains untouched when programming anyway, they do it through the obd2 port.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This.

The only reason for getting the keys programmed after having kpro is to get rid of the blinking immobilizer light. It does get quite annoying after awhile. The ECU remains untouched when programming anyway, they do it through the obd2 port.
Thanks.

So in short . . .

1) - The KPRO settings won't be deleted at the dealership or by locksmith, correct ?

2) - In the event they somehow get deleted, would the car not be driveable ?

Or would the car just revert to "stock" but be driveable ?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Are you doing upgrades to the engine or are you keeping it stock? Before you install the manual tranny are you going to install a LSD, detent springs, shifter springs, or remove the shifter assembly to look at the shift arm?

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Are you doing upgrades to the engine or are you keeping it stock? Before you install the manual tranny are you going to install a LSD, detent springs, shifter springs, or remove the shifter assembly to look at the shift arm?
Biggest priority is to get rid of the slush box by converting to stick.

A friend sent me some shifter springs ( much props to him ) . The shift cables also have K-Tuned bushings.

Thanks for suggesting the detent springs. Going to get those too.

Not getting an LSD, but might consider it. Any links or references ?

I am going to be stock, with some bolt-ons ( Injen intake and HKS Catback ) using KPRO.

Early next year I'll do a K24A2.

====

Got some peace signs and the "ok" salute at the traffic light today, but they have no idea I'm driving a slush box. So it's been bitter sweet.

So getting this converted to stick has been my biggest priority.

Know what I mean ?

I am almost there. Will keep everyone posted when I write-up a FULL tutorial, complete with part numbers, prices, warnings/pitfalls and online references.

Thanks ya'll for the support.

I plan to pay-it-forward here to all that helped me along the way.

Please keep sharing your knowledge and suggestions

. . .

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
what is good with you...??
You mean how things are going ?

I just got the 5-Speed tranny yesterday. 115K miles from an '02 manual RSX. Was $850. But after taxes, core and card fees it came to $997. Came with all the pigtails, the cable brackets, fork, slave cylinder, and even the driver-side axle. The yard was only 1 hour away so it was worth paying the extra to see and test it in person. Most places would have been 300 to 2000 miles away.

Might keep the slave cylinder, axle and the cable bracket as spares or sell them.

Shaft spins just fine and no jiggling either, and no stripped bolt holes.

So all that is left is the clutch & flywheel kit ( OE style ), and the KPRO.

======

Just waiting on the conversion mount to arrive.

Just curious, what is the difference between the auto to manual conversion mount vs. the OEM driver side engine mount from a crashed manual RSX ?

Would the driver side M/T mount have worked too ?

Let me know .

·
Super Moderator
643 Posts

I just got the 5-Speed tranny yesterday. 115K miles from an '02 manual RSX. Was $850. But after taxes, core and card fees it came to $997. Came with all the pigtails, the cable brackets, fork, slave cylinder, and even the driver-side axle. The yard was only 1 hour away so it was worth paying the extra to see and test it in person. Most places would have been 300 to 2000 miles away.

Might keep the slave cylinder, axle and the cable bracket as spares or sell them.

======

Just curious, what is the difference between the auto to manual conversion mount vs. the OEM driver side engine mount from a crashed manual RSX ?

Let me know .

i dont know about the mounts working or not. good to see you are still making progress

·
Super Moderator
1,979 Posts

======

Let me know .

A factory manual mount wouldn't work. I believe it was the bolt pattern, or the shape of the bracket that the mount bolts into.

·
Super Moderator
643 Posts
Thanks TW.

So it plugs into the ECU ?

Can you share a link to your reference / source ?

. . .
I couldn't tell the direction you were going with this thread

1 - 19 of 19 Posts