Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Registered
445 Posts
Nothing...a 50 shot isnt that much! I dont think that you would have to upgrade much until a 70+ shot.

· Ex-Mod
3,744 Posts
GSR-T said:
Other than stronger valves, stiffer valve springs and titanium retainers, what else do you have to do to a type S?
Like mastap said, with a 50shot you dont have to worry about anything. Just get the right set up for your car. On a 4cly (most 4 cly) you can go with a 40-60HP shot with out any problems, and it WILL NOT harm the engine, if used properly. 10-14 seconds squeezes above 2500RPM wont damage your engine. Now if you want to go bigger then a 60shot, then you will have to beef up the motor to handle that type of heat and combustion. Check out sites for NOS, NX, and Venom to learn more about NAAAAWWWSSSS. :thumbsup:

· Registered
2,043 Posts
Re: Re: what to do to run 50 shot safely?

TypeS Jay said:

Like mastap said, with a 50shot you dont have to worry about anything. Just get the right set up for your car. On a 4cly (most 4 cly) you can go with a 40-60HP shot with out any problems, and it WILL NOT harm the engine, if used properly. 10-14 seconds squeezes above 2500RPM wont damage your engine. Now if you want to go bigger then a 60shot, then you will have to beef up the motor to handle that type of heat and combustion. Check out sites for NOS, NX, and Venom to learn more about NAAAAWWWSSSS. :thumbsup:
Maaaaan.. We can't buy no internals yet... :-( Especially tranny parts...

:(

Az :wavey:

· Registered
1,320 Posts
I've seen cars running 50 shots without any upgrades, including timing adjustment.

The valvetrain upgrade is mostly for increasing the rpm. But valves and chambers can also be reworked to increase combustion efficiency. You don't need to worry about that.

And he's right, don't squeez too long. Heat is the main enemy to any engine. But you might want to invest in some gauges like EGT, A/F or fuel pressure to make sure you are running correctly.

· Registered
2,043 Posts
TypeS-in-LA said:
if you get a 50shot nitrous system how much hp are you actually getting?
37-40whp on a 50hp shot.. Pretty damned good, not to mention the instant torque!

P.S. At least three members (myself included) are running 75 shot with no trouble yet.. Just have after market plugs on mine, and a nitrous filter. :thumbsup:

Az

· JLA Bitches!
7,486 Posts
R i C e Y G t S said:
i think that 50-shot is enough for a 2.0 liter engine.... maybe 75 but with my 1.8 liter i think ill stick with 50-shot if i get nitrous
It's not really the motor size. That's one factor of many other factors that effect how much a motor can really take. The reason the RSX seems dangerous for a bigger shot is because of VTC and it's high compression. High compression + Advanced timing = bad for n2o.

· Registered
2,043 Posts
Alpha Zero said:

It's not really the motor size. That's one factor of many other factors that effect how much a motor can really take. The reason the RSX seems dangerous for a bigger shot is because of VTC and it's high compression. High compression + Advanced timing = bad for n2o.
Yeah.. Analogy:

Mega doses of steroids good for body builders who just want the power to do that heavy lifting.

Mega doses of steroids not so good for ballerinas/acrobats..

Nitrous = better for simple applications.

P.S. Get nitrous.

Az

G

·
Alpha Zero said:

My feelings exactly. But I'm curious, why can all these V8's run250-shots??? :dontknow:

Is it because of their compression? I admit to knowing next to nothing about these big engines, but I do know that when they run N2O they rarely run less than 100-shot.

:confused:

· Registered
2,043 Posts
onlyr6 said:

My feelings exactly. But I'm curious, why can all these V8's run250-shots??? :dontknow:

Is it because of their compression. I admit to knowing next to nothing about these big engines, but I do know that when they run N2O they rarely run less than 100-shot.

They're internals are built to handle more power and force, not to mention heat. Also yes, the compression is much lower. See any Camaros going to 8000rpms? ;)

They get GREAT mileage though.. :)

· JLA Bitches!
7,486 Posts
onlyr6 said:

Is it because of their compression? I admit to knowing next to nothing about these big engines, but I do know that when they run N2O they rarely run less than 100-shot.

Notice how they don't put out much hp per liter. Not that it matters much, but with our motors, Honda squeezed as much hp out of it. It's kind of pushed close to it's limits already. So adding FI into the picture gets a bit tricky. While low compression is great for n2o, high compression isn't impossible. IMHO, it's really all about the size of the motor compared to how much hp it's pumping out.

· Registered
2,043 Posts
Alpha Zero said:

Notice how they don't put out much hp per liter. Not that it matters much, but with our motors, Honda squeezed as much hp out of it. It's kind of pushed close to it's limits already. So adding FI into the picture gets a bit tricky. While low compression is great for n2o, high compression isn't impossible. IMHO, it's really all about the size of the motor compared to how much hp it's pumping out.
Dude, you sound like a caveman. :laughing:

"If motor big and oomph little, then spray till happy." :thumbsup:

I think we are all too lazy for the drawn out explanation so that'll do just fine! :wavey:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.