Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
04 Type S in the MOX
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im starting to build up of the stock parts liying around- air box, springs,exhaust (soon) front lip ect...... are they even woth the hassle selling or should i just chuck them. All i know is i dont want them and ill never put them back on the car because if i ever sell it ill just do it has a hole thanks for any advise.

·
04 Type S in the MOX
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yea that would be a good one to hold on too. Im shocked my Cwest lip is still in one piece since iv hit it a few times already

1,493 Posts
Im starting to build up of the stock parts liying around- air box, springs,exhaust (soon) front lip ect...... are they even woth the hassle selling or should i just chuck them. All i know is i dont want them and ill never put them back on the car because if i ever sell it ill just do it has a hole thanks for any advise.
body parts I would keep, and stuff like the exhaust & airbox, I wouldn't keep. I'd auction it here in the for sale forums and get some money out of it. If my preformance parts ever broke I couldn't see myself putting stock parts back on, it'd annoy me because I'd be slower and get worse mileage :p.

·
04 Type S in the MOX
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thats a good point ill do that. Just was not sure if anybody was going to buy stock type S parts. Thanks

G

·
Yep, hang onto them. If for no other reason than it will cost you 3X as much to replace it if you ver change your mind. I have shelf in my garage with those transparent plastic boxes of OEM knick-knacks. Available, but kept clean. Good luck.

·
PC Load Letter?
8,345 Posts
Also if you ever have any warranty work done it's good to put the stock parts back on before you take it in.

·
04 Type S in the MOX
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks guys guess ill keep parts of importance and sell ones that are really no big deal.

1,493 Posts
Hang on to them, I use my stock air box in the winter. I still have my header and wish I hung onto the exhaust.
if you dont live in a CARB tested state, what difference does an exhaust make I mean seriously. Build quality of some aftermarket exhausts is better than the stock IMHO so why not get rid of your exhaust? Airbox I can undestand because of its small value to buyers.

·
Fix it 'til it's broken
12,041 Posts
Keep ALL of your stock parts, when it comes time to sell or trade in, you'll be glad you did.

1,493 Posts
Keep ALL of your stock parts, when it comes time to sell or trade in, you'll be glad you did.
do delaers near you frown on trade ins with mods?

·
SEE RED
617 Posts
I've had experiece where I traded-in my car and the dealership asked me if I had the stock parts cuz they didn't want all the mods on there when they were sellin it. But I would try to sell some stuff on the "For Sale" forum if you want.

·
Fix it 'til it's broken
12,041 Posts
do delaers near you frown on trade ins with mods?
It's a known fact that modded cars don't get as high a trade in value, but it varies by how extreme the mods are, and of course every dealer is different. And besides, if you trade it in with aftermarket parts installed, you're losing money that you could have potentially made by selling those parts.

1,493 Posts
It's a known fact that modded cars don't get as high a trade in value, but it varies by how extreme the mods are, and of course every dealer is different. And besides, if you trade it in with aftermarket parts installed, you're losing money that you could have potentially made by selling those parts.
I've traded in 2 cars with mods and 1 without and the dealer always said it would not effect my trade in(which was always above book even with mods) I guess it must be the dealers in my area :dontknow:

·
Registered
6,167 Posts
I know you've already made your decision but I'd like to put in my $0.02...

I plan on keeping my car STOCK (for warranty and cause I'm poor and cause by the time I'm in a position to mod it, it will have over 100K)

Guys like me are ALWAYS lookin for stock parts for sale when one of our stock parts breaks... my only option is buy from someone like you that has a pile of OEM parts or buy from Acura.

I say you keep any of them and check the WTB forums to rid of them...

Do you have OEM front lip (or did I read that wrong??)

Just somethin to think about...

·
04 Type S in the MOX
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
^^^No its just the thin one that is on all the evrey rsx. Thanks for all the info

1 - 20 of 22 Posts