Hello,
I’m ready to sell my RSX.
It’s a 2002 type s
97,000 miles clean title
Satin silver metallic
In excellent condition
Mostly stock
Black interior
Everything OEM except stereo, pedals and hazard light button. Also added ceramic window tint.

for the exterior everything is oem except the headlight housings (upgraded since oem were old looking) and I added fog lights.

·
Super Moderator
259,544 Posts
Beautiful example. I agree with InZain08, very hard to find a stock Type-S in this condition these days.

Be prepared for all the broke people coming out of the woodwork telling you your price is too high as well.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Beautiful example. I agree with InZain08, very hard to find a stock Type-S in this condition these days.

Be prepared for all the broke people coming out of the woodwork telling you your price is too high as well.

Thanks for the response! Yeah I totally agree I already tested the market and all I got was Ricers and idiots lowballing and asking stupid stuff. Goes to show how much people don’t know a thing about RSX’s

·
Premium Member
145,086,276 Posts
Why bother selling it when you could just give it to me

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm a potential buyer. I couldn't message you because I'm a new user so I'll just reply to your post. Is your car still for sale and are you located on the east coast by any chance?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'm a potential buyer. I couldn't message you because I'm a new user so I'll just reply to your post. Is your car still for sale and are you located on the east coast by any chance?
Hi there it is still for sale and I live on the west coast in Washington, feel free to come out if you’d like to look at it. It’s certainly a needle in the haystack, I haven’t seen one with low miles like mine or in the condition I have mine in.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi! New banner here expecting some counsel. I have a 2005 RSX type S with practically 80k miles. I likewise have a family now and keeping in mind that my accomplices vehicle has been our family vehicle, it could be an ideal opportunity to begin utilizing mine as such once in a while. We've been discussing selling it or driving it until it kicks the bucket. Here's the overview: Plant grasp, second arrangement of tires a couple of years prior, clear coat is falling flat on the rooftop and around the sunroof, no rust, blurring on the dark cowhide at the secondary lounge headrest territory, never had any motor or technician issues (thump on wood.) It's simply so little and reduced for a vehicle seat, despite the fact that it's front oriented now, which is as yet plausible. We are simply uncertain if devaluation goes rapidly downhill eventually and if it merits capitalizing on the current condition or if that opportunity has arrived and gone. Any exhortation?

·
ECU Tuner
4,285 Posts
I often wonder what my '04 would go for. 27,000 original miles.

·
Registered
7 Posts
For reference, I paid $11K for my bone stock ‘06 Type-S w/ 64K miles. Excellent shape like yours, got it from a dealer who said an old lady had traded it in; story checked out since even though it had obviously been detailed there was still some leftover evidence of fluffy blond pet hair in the back (no amount of detailing would ever get all of it, I still find some occasionally 3 years later) and it still had the original CD player stereo which is the first thing any youngster woulda swapped out. Asking price was $11,4 but they accepted my round number offer to offset my travel cost to go get it.

·
ECU Tuner
4,285 Posts
For reference, I paid $11K for my bone stock ‘06 Type-S w/ 64K miles. Excellent shape like yours, got it from a dealer who said an old lady had traded it in ....
Must have been an interesting old lady to get an RSX Type-S. :) Mine is pretty much a Comptech RSX. I used to live where Comptech prepared its Acura race cars. They installed my Comptech blower and numerous other Comptech parts.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello,
I’m ready to sell my RSX.
It’s a 2002 type s
97,000 miles clean title
Satin silver metallic
In excellent condition
Mostly stock
Black interior
Everything OEM except stereo, pedals and hazard light button. Also added ceramic window tint.

for the exterior everything is oem except the headlight housings (upgraded since oem were old looking) and I added fog lights.
View attachment 568051
Very nice example! If you have complete service records I would start at about $9000

·
Registered
3 Posts
I had no idea these cars were worth this much. Just looking at book value I figured my ‘red 06 RSX Type S was worth no more than $5k. It’s what I would say is very good condition with 119,000 miles. No modifications. Even clutch and exhaust original. Third set of tires have about 3,000 miles on them. It runs as good as the day I bought it new off I’ve actuallshowroom floor.

What’s wrong? The roof and trunk lid are fading a bit, which I hear is normal here in Florida. (For some reason the rest of the car including the hood never faded.) Most troubling are the clips that keep the right side of the lower rear panel and the right side of the lower front panel flush no longer hold tight (every once in awhile I give them a whack and that pops them back in close enough that nobody would notice)

Except for the usual door dings and minor chips on lower front panel the car looks great. The guy who runs the tire shop where I get oil changes always says to let him know before I sell it to anyone. Several people have come up to me and asked me if I wanted to sell it. To be honest I don’t want to sell it because I can think of anything within readon that I’d like to have. I’ve owned a lot of sporty cars, including three Corvettes, and this Type S RSX is among my all-time favorites along with my ‘66 small-block Vette roadster and a 1960 Triumph TR-3.

The other day was getting the oil changed and the guy asked again if I would sell it. I said there really wasn’t anything like it. Then I asked him about a Toyota 86 or Subaru BRZ might be a decent replacement, and he just shook his head and said”Not even close to this. Don’t bother.”

·
Registered
2006 Vivid Blue Pearl RSX Type-S/1995 Delsol VTEC
11 Posts
I often wonder what my '04 would go for. 27,000 original miles.
View attachment 568081
You would have to offer me a really ridiculous amount of money or have something super nice to trade me for. Don't ever sell, that's a lifer right there👍

1 - 20 of 26 Posts