Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
How do these cars exist with such low miles? I bought my current RSX, a 2004 with around 200K miles on it for about $4,500 or so a few years back. I now have around 290K miles. 27K miles? I would also keep that car for life for sure. Newer cars are so annoying. Way too much complexity and too many little things to go wrong. Cool to see these cars, if I wasn't dumping all of my money into building a house (and fixiing the truck that I am using to build the house) I would buy any of thesein a heartbeat. Great to see. Perhaps there will be a clean, low mileage RSX in my future.

I think in order to get the value out of these cars on a local sale, you may have to put some effort into explaining what an incredible platform it is. Great mileage, super fun to drive, sporty, and super practical. My RSX has spent more time off road, more time hauling lumber, and more time carving turns than the vast majority of SUV's in the world.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I had no idea these cars were worth this much. Just looking at book value I figured my ‘red 06 RSX Type S was worth no more than $5k. It’s what I would say is very good condition with 119,000 miles. No modifications. Even clutch and exhaust original. Third set of tires have about 3,000 miles on them. It runs as good as the day I bought it new off I’ve actuallshowroom floor.

What’s wrong? The roof and trunk lid are fading a bit, which I hear is normal here in Florida. (For some reason the rest of the car including the hood never faded.) Most troubling are the clips that keep the right side of the lower rear panel and the right side of the lower front panel flush no longer hold tight (every once in awhile I give them a whack and that pops them back in close enough that nobody would notice)

Except for the usual door dings and minor chips on lower front panel the car looks great. The guy who runs the tire shop where I get oil changes always says to let him know before I sell it to anyone. Several people have come up to me and asked me if I wanted to sell it. To be honest I don’t want to sell it because I can think of anything within readon that I’d like to have. I’ve owned a lot of sporty cars, including three Corvettes, and this Type S RSX is among my all-time favorites along with my ‘66 small-block Vette roadster and a 1960 Triumph TR-3.

The other day was getting the oil changed and the guy asked again if I would sell it. I said there really wasn’t anything like it. Then I asked him about a Toyota 86 or Subaru BRZ might be a decent replacement, and he just shook his head and said”Not even close to this. Don’t bother.”
If you do decide to sell let me know I’m in Florida looking for a type s in red lol

21 - 25 of 25 Posts