Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
yawn..
22,903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have the comptech I/E on my car now and I have the race header and all the other goodies for it not installed.

I'm looking into getting hondata, but I don't know which one I want?

I was thinking bout #4 since that's the one everyone loves. But I've been reading bout the a/f situation.

So I was contemplating if I would go the programmable route. Only problem is that program looks soo complicated and I don't think anyone around my area would have the knowledge to tune it.

Is the tuning easier than it looks?
Should I be putting my race header on without a new ecu?

·
Central PA AMSOIL dealer
5,586 Posts
Down_Shift said:
I currently have the comptech I/E on my car now and I have the race header and all the other goodies for it not installed.

I'm looking into getting hondata, but I don't know which one I want?

I was thinking bout #4 since that's the one everyone loves. But I've been reading bout the a/f situation.

So I was contemplating if I would go the programmable route. Only problem is that program looks soo complicated and I don't think anyone around my area would have the knowledge to tune it.

Is the tuning easier than it looks?
Should I be putting my race header on without a new ecu?

Yeah, you'll run lean with Hondata 4 and a race header. I wouldn't advise it, but it's up to you. Tuning isn't easy without a dyno, but it would be good fun to learn to tune it yourself. That's why I went the VAFC-II route. Shouldn't be too hard to tune, and I'm learning something in the process. Who is that pudgy fuck in your sig going nuts man!?!? :laughing: That's some funny shit.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts