Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Infinite Motorsports
5,655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok i just installed some powerslot plus rotors and i have itr rims. It fits but they're scraping just barely though. I know it will be fine if i sand down 2mm but i have a dremel that sucks ass and i dont know what else i can use to sand it down quicker. Any ideas?

·
What the Fawkes?
202 Posts
I'm thinking that you need some spacers for the ITR rims. goodluck with that.

·
Infinite Motorsports
5,655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i have spacers i have 25mm spacers i just need to know what is a good piece to put on my drill that will sand down metal.

·
no time to drive the RSX
6,838 Posts
Try using a grinder. It would work the best for metal.
:iamwiths:
BTW congrats on the powerslot plus. Now there two people with them.:thumbsup:

G

·
We use air grinders here in the shop and they are superior to the Dremel for hogging. One FYI when working with Alu: It galls up your tools quite easily. Don't use the sanding cartridge or stone. It needs to be the carbide burr.

Also, one thought: I would be concerned about having 2mm +/- in terms of working room with calipers for a couple of reasons. Rims can flex, calipers can expand from the heat, etc. Also, I don't know that I would be comfortable grinding away at pressurized brake components, especially ones that go through expansion and contraction cycles. I'm not saying that any of this will happen, but it's just that you're not leaving much room for error. My 2-cents: I would look into some hubcentric spacers, first. Good luck.

·
Infinite Motorsports
5,655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
We use air grinders here in the shop and they are superior to the Dremel for hogging. One FYI when working with Alu: It galls up your tools quite easily. Don't use the sanding cartridge or stone. It needs to be the carbide burr.

Also, one thought: I would be concerned about having 2mm +/- in terms of working room with calipers for a couple of reasons. Rims can flex, calipers can expand from the heat, etc. Also, I don't know that I would be comfortable grinding away at pressurized brake components, especially ones that go through expansion and contraction cycles. I'm not saying that any of this will happen, but it's just that you're not leaving much room for error. My 2-cents: I would look into some hubcentric spacers, first. Good luck.
yeah i have spacers 25mm spacers. But they still seem to touch. I got it done with a angle grinder but the left one is still sorta scraping. I'll take more off the next day. I was worried about grinding them down but thats the only way that seems to work and i dont want different rims. I dont do a lot of hard braking so i dont think they will heat up that much. I think i ended up taking more than 2mm from the right side but barely touched the left.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts