Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
K20Z1 heart in K20A2 body
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I'm trying to do a DIY rims painting. I want to know what kind of paint should I use to get the gunmetal look? If possible please post pictures of the rim and paint used. Also what brand? Thanks in advance.

I know the steps of how to do the DIY but I am not sure what kind of paint will give me the most natural gunmetal look. :bow:

·
Nike Freak
1,338 Posts
Ive learned the best way is to get it professionally powdercoated. If thats not an option, then you can try Duplicolor gunmetal spray paint, primer, and clearcoat. Sandpaper to smooth out any rough edges. Make sure you put several coats of each and evenly, then let dry. Lastly, know they are prone to chip from rocks and debri so expect to be frustrated. I used the left over spray paint as touch-up when I had my wheels painted bronze. Good Luck and post results.

·
Torkless and Vtakin'
442 Posts
I have a shop here in NC that is recommended in the honda tuning for anyone in NC. I had my HIDs installed there and he quoted me 360 for all and centercaps. That would hold up better. But looks good either way. The shop is named Blueridge Motorsports. They arent terribly far away. Im sure you have a shop some where near you that does. Or even a motorcylce shop thatll do it

1 - 5 of 5 Posts