Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so shop gave me bad news the throwout bearing exploded broke my case and messed up the shaft and messed up the inside so I need a new case

Now I have a couple questions
I have a 2002 Acura rsx type s with the
X2m5 6 speed manual transmission

I read on here I can use a 5 speed transmission and take all the inside out if the 6 speed I have and install in the 5speed
Does anyone know if this is true and correct ?
Or can I buy a new inner clutch case and just mount to the old outer caseing the shop was concerned about not being machined to eachother

And final what other Honda or Acura cars with a 6 speed transmission would work ?
I could use a answer by this Friday if anyone knows thanks much

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have searched definitely not being lazy I just have a time schedule I have to order parts since it’s in the shop they don’t want it sitting Their for months on months and I found some info but It was not exactly what I am asking so that really does not help
Me no need to be rude thow thanks

·
Registered
966 Posts
Not being rude man, just trying to tell you to use your brain. If you take offense to that, oh well.

As for you searching, I would work on that. This was the first link on Google. Look at the 3rd post
https://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=843457

This one is regarding a "hybrid" trans.
https://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=846004

My personal opinion on the matter, just buy a used trans and swap it in. This one is relatively cheap and the description says 85k original miles
https://www.ebay.com/i/233052639541?chn=ps

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you yea I seen the one post about they are the same but only one post so wanted to make
Sure before I bought a 5 speed and

On the note to
Just buy a used transmission and swap in that the problem I’m on a budget till concrete season starts up so that’s why I’m
Asking about a 5 speed my gears don’t grind no problems at the moment and a used transmission I could have problems as well is why I just want to get a 5 speed cheap and swap all my internal parts from my 6 speed in the 5 speed !

Thank you very much for verifying that the 5 speed is the same exact as the 6 speed now I need to look up
What the difference in a ep3 transmission compared to the type s if I want to get rid of the 6th gear I know one is more for turbo and one is more for motor but that all I can find out on the difference

·
Registered
966 Posts
The ep3 trans has longer gears so the car isn’t going to be as quick. I wouldn’t suggest that unless it’s a temporary solution.

K20a.org has a lot of good information too

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Oh ok makes sense so maybe I’ll just buy a clutch case then and just fix mine till I have more money go buy another transmission to rebuild

1 - 10 of 10 Posts