Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is some good car wash, polish, wax to use. I use meguires car wash and meguires #2 polish, is that good. I've been hearing about zaino, what products should i buy. I also want to buy a electric buffer what brand should i buy? and what size 6" or 10" thanks

·
3709 in the Hizouse
615 Posts
buy the Porter Cable 7424 6". Anything the is below 2000 rpm is a glorified car waxer that won't even do a good job at that.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Sinner5 said:
buy the Porter Cable 7424 6". Anything the is below 2000 rpm is a glorified car waxer that won't even do a good job at that.
Yes, buy the PC, any other buffer from wal-mart or the like is just a waste of $ IMO.

If you have a lot of swirl marks, I would use meguiars #83 dual action cleaner polish. You can probably find it locally from a body shop supply store. Use your DC #2 after the #83, then top it with a wax or sealant of your choice. I would persoanlly look into the NXT sealant from meguiars, but there are plenty of other options.

If you get the zaino, you can still use the DACP to prep, but you will need to wash before using zaino. Remember, the work is all in the prep. Zaino has some other rules that you will need to follow if you decide to go that route, so you might want to take a look at their site.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts