Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i'm pretty new to trying things N/A, i've always enjoyed forced induction in my previous vehicles, so i was wondering what a good setup would be, i was looking at the toda stuff mainly, and am considering adding the following parts::

n2 engine kit
pistons
headgasket

and i want to put on the spoon 4-2-1, 2 piece and a hi flow cat(probably carsound) going to a catback exhaust (not sure what kind yet, what would go good with this setup?)

i'm adding the tein flex kit, with some 17x7 volk or work rims, whichever are lighter wrapped in some azeinis, until i can get some slicks

i know with these mods my compression rate will be pretty high, so if i decided to go with turbo down the road (not likely) would it be a bad idea?

what are some suggestions on what i could do, and are my current ideas good so far?

·
Registered
83 Posts
Adding a piston kit with the N2 package is going to do nothing for you. The reason being, is the toda package is made to maximize the 11:1 ratio. Upgrading the pistons will increase the compression therefore not fully maximizing the ecu reflash.

This is only valid if you stay with the pistons made for the rsx.

·
Gothic Hippie RSX tuner?
1,495 Posts
CasuaL said:
any cai
toda race header
mugen exhaust
toda N2 kit
This is a good basic list, but as soon as you get into the Toda kit, there are a couple of things that should be added to that list. An ITR intake mani should also be included in this list. And if you're going to do that, you might as well get the trottle body worked on too. And while you're getting the Toda springs installed, I'd get titanium retainers at the same time. Lightens things up inside. Stronger too, will help your motor deal with 9000 rpm.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok cool, shoud i look at the king motorsports bored out throttle body, the spoon, or the toda individual throttle body? or will all give me about the same performance?

what kinda gains would i be looking at if i did that set up, the cai, itr intake manifold, n2 kit, titanium retainers, mugen twin loop exhaust (or fujitsubo power getter), and the toda race header?

and would it be worth it to add on the toda headgasket? or would my compression be too high with that?

·
popcorn playa
11,572 Posts
i think the gasket is ideal option over changing to type r pistons... thats about the same set up im looking at running.. except im waiting for a specific company to release their carbon fiber intake manifold... but id say about 240 something wheel hp..

·
Registered
487 Posts
i would also include the hondata k-pro. its probably the only reason why the toda kit runs so well, and if you have your own set up, dyno tune your car for a couple of hundred bucks and you will probably be able to squeez out hidden hp. cai,race header (with 02 sim), n2 kit (without ecu), hondata k-pro.2.5 inch exhaust. itr mani. this set up will probably land you at 13.0 on the track.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts