Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my friend is ready to buy a charger for his '00 civic SI, looking for some outside opinions on what charger, taking into consideration installation, reliability, and max performance?? this is his only car, so its driven every day, which is what is causing the question

·
Registered
415 Posts
jackson racing is known for the quality and reliability... but vortech is becoming more known by people because of the gains...personally i would go with vortech because of the gains i think it will gain anywhere from 80-100whp....but i dunno jackson racings si is suppose to be hella fast because thats there show car but i never saw a dyno

·
WOT shift foh lyfe!
644 Posts
peak hp isnt what he should be looking for, unless he wants bragging rights. if he wants peak hp and bragging rights, go vortech. if he wants useable power all over the place with a trade off of a little less high-end(which i honestly think honda's have enough of), go with the JRSC. im not a fan of centrifugal superchargers on small displacement motors.

·
DC5 Dohc Vtec
1,263 Posts
Yup Vortech is the way to go. For the price your gonna pay on a Jackson to get you to about 190 to the wheels, the votech will get you at least 220 to 240 easy. If you have more mods then sky is the limit. Plus Jackson racing does not have a Intercooler or after cooler where the vortech does. Jackson is known for getting Heat soaked also. Check out ClubSi.com youll see a whole section on it.

The Webmaster has a built b16 pushing 350 to the wheels hitting low 12s on the track. BTW he is parting that kit out now.

·
Monsters of the Midway
15,107 Posts
The vortech supercharger is the way to go. Starting from base numbers the kit gave more horsepower overall than it did to the S2000 and the GSR.

I/H/E + Vortech (tuned) = 250-265 WHP :thumbsup:

Only downside is that I/H/E + Vortech is about 5-6 g's depending what name brand stuff you get and with that kind of money you can easily piece together a turbo kit. They make so many parts for the si you can piece together a kit with 2000-3000, ebay is your friend when it comes to this. Plus you can put the rest into the internals and a nice 3 inch exhaust.

·
Registered
6 Posts
get vortech....
it keeps the same powerband just on a higher level..
this car was made to have peaky hp for road/circuit racing and the centrifugal builds upon that.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts