Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Boosted and Broke
731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I just recently installed my K-sports and I am out of options. Here is the problem. Under the hood, when I try to adjust the camber to negative I am all the way to the left on the adjustment, but it needs to go further. Heres the thing, I can still slide it more to the left, however there is no more room to slide it because the allen bolts hit the opening of the shock tower wall. temptazn_azn take it easy on me bro.:p I dont know what to do.

·
Boosted and Broke
731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thats a good question, although I am not really sure if it is going to make a difference. It might though, now that I think about it. Anyways, here are pics to show what I am working with.

Notice where the allen bolts are at, and the clearance.

really really bad positive camber.

·
Registered
9,859 Posts
Ok, I just recently installed my K-sports and I am out of options. Here is the problem. Under the hood, when I try to adjust the camber to negative I am all the way to the left on the adjustment, but it needs to go further. Heres the thing, I can still slide it more to the left, however there is no more room to slide it because the allen bolts hit the opening of the shock tower wall. temptazn_azn take it easy on me bro.:p I dont know what to do.
lol i like how I was mentioned.

for serious problems i never give people shit. lol only for noob questions.

Only thing I could think of is the camber plates are installed wrong or backwards.

Or.. did your axle pop out during install but you went ahead and installed them anyways? If that was the case you need to get the joint popped back in.

·
Boosted and Broke
731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That makes a lot of sense becuase it actually did come out, but I felt it go back in its spot, unless the joint itself also came out and did not snap back into place.

·
Registered
8,303 Posts
Take the bolts out and move them further away from the engine bay. It looks to me like you can take the inside bolt out and move it outside the current outside bolt. That allows more adjustment.

If not, then Mark is right.

·
Engineering
25,578 Posts
rob take a look at the actual strut though. it is for the most part pushed as far as it can go and he still has positive camber.

·
Engineering
25,578 Posts
i just barely noticed this but the way you can tell its backwards is that TS has negative castor. if you look at the plate the shock is more towards the front of the car than the mid/rear

·
Slow in Fast out
2,884 Posts
Usually upper pillow ball mounts have 4 locations for the allen bolts (8 total) and only 4 are used at a time. You need to move the current 4 allen bolts to the furthest 4 threaded holes (furthest away from the body).

Look at this picture for reference, see the two unused threads in the middle (2 on each side).. now think about how this limits the camber... :

EDIT: Looks like your already utilizing the furthest threads, after checking K-Sports website.. bummer..

·
Boosted and Broke
731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
That does'nt sound good.....:noes:. Only thing I can think of is to take the wheels off and check the half shaft to see if it is clicked all the way in. Also from what I have been reading, I need to turn the pillow top 360 degrees; or am I screwed? I can tell you guys this much, I do need an alignment because my steering wheel is not straight, but I am not sure if this will have any bearing on the matter. What has me a bit puzzled is, is that I still have room to adjust on the pillow, but the damn tower housing will not allow it.

·
Engineering
25,578 Posts
take off your coilovers, and swap the camber plate.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts