Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Project Mayhem
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
k24a1, DCRH, Injen SRI, Tanabe Exhaust, Kpro, CC Stage 4, 5 speed, what engine mods should i do to take the next step?
i was thinking about stroking the motor for fun, go with the BC 2.6 kit, i know Nikkos on K20 saw some awesome numbers out of something like that.
maybe just go high comp pistons/rods/cam setup, any suggestions?
still want it to be a daily, just want to have more get up.

·
Registered
4,881 Posts
High compression pistons
Cams
Better header
Ips manifold

There's a bunch of stuff
Weren't u turbo?

·
0 Posts
k24a1, DCRH, Injen SRI, Tanabe Exhaust, Kpro, CC Stage 4, 5 speed, what engine mods should i do to take the next step?
i was thinking about stroking the motor for fun, go with the BC 2.6 kit, i know Nikkos on K20 saw some awesome numbers out of something like that.
maybe just go high comp pistons/rods/cam setup, any suggestions?
still want it to be a daily, just want to have more get up.
The State Meet is in a little over a month. The whole spectrum of cars will be there. Talk to the owners, yourself.

·
BECAUSE! racecar...
4,220 Posts
Talk to erik mostly =P lol

·
Project Mayhem
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yes, i was turbo on my k20, got a nasty rod knock, decided it was time to let that crappy turbo kit go, i'd love to go turbo again, but it'd have to be one of the high dollar kits(peakboost, full-race, AFI) and i don't really have the funds to throw out $4,500
i didn't know my header was junk?
i'm not going CAI again, i almost hydro-locked my car like that.... i'd rather be safe with an SRI, even if i'm losing power.
cams- which ones work best for my application? and a better header, what is a better brand?
Erik's car is too nice, and then once i see it i'll want to do a JRSC and aftercooler and i don't know if it's really worth all the money.

·
0 Posts
My car is nothing special. If everyone knew how much time I had into it just to make 300hp, they would buy and STI or EVO and still come out ahead. You really need to decide what your priorities and budget are, then make a decision based on those.

·
Project Mayhem
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i'd just like to get other member's opinions on what step to take next.
i've done turbo before multiple times, b-series, k-series, and a mustang... i've done nitrous, on a GSR, a mustang, and a C5 vette, and now i'm sitting with this big displacement torque monster of a honda engine, and just looking for what other members are doing to keep it fun.... i was thinking possibly the Z3 head and some cams, then throw some nitrous on it.
i was also considering supercharging but i would like to wait and see what Kraftwerks ends up doing with these Rotex superchargers.
do many people do head/cams/pistons/rods on the k24? or are people just running them how they are?

just looking for opinions.

·
Big Pimpin
15,710 Posts
don't bother with a head swap.

It's already been stated that what you do with this is all dependent on your budget and priorities. No there are not many people that do work on a K24 on this site in comparison to those that do work on K20's. But it *has* been done before. If you really wanted to go all out then get a stroker kit for it, bore out the block and sleeve it and go from there. As for the next logical step (and LOL at IPS manifold, too expensive and I don't even think it's out yet still) would be a nice high end header and some stage 2 cams. After that it's all about money.

·
Project Mayhem
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i'm looking in the range of 2-3k worth of used parts/work/install
DavisJ has always hooked me up in Dallas on installs, so i'm just trying to decide what header/cams to get, and possibly if i should do high comp pistons, should i bore the block for larger pistons? should i go to a longer crank?
should i just get cams/ header/ nitrous?

·
Big Pimpin
15,710 Posts
Just get a header (I'd recommend Hytech) and some good cams (Blueprint are good and a good price) with valvetrain. N20 is up to you really, but unless you're going to do a good amount of work to the insides, don't bother with small changes like higher CR pistons OR a longer stroke. Either do both or neither, because both are fairly expensive if you're not doing all the work yourself and hardly worth it on their own (for the dollar to HP ratio).

·
Project Mayhem
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ok, i'll look into a good header for the k24a1, i will also look into a set of cams/valvetrain. N20 was just the cheap route for me. i'm doing alot of looking around on k20a.org, they seem to be doing more over there with the k24 than anyone on CRSX, looking to see the benefit in high comp pistons/rods and possibly a larger bore. i will probably do something like that last.

anyone else have any reccomendation on a good header for the k24, or good recommendation for cams/valvetrain? thanks!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts