Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i read on hondatas site the the v3 that i got has security measures built in...but i havent noticed any pasword or such. it is registered with my name and address and vin, but whats preventing it from being stolen and used in a different car?

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
also, can anyone just bring alone a laptop w/kmanager and turn off my immobilizer? i'm not a thief but i may thing like one. lol

·
Registered
759 Posts
Good idea to lock your kpro to your harness with some type of cable lock. They can still cut your harness and steal the kpro, but at least they can't steal the car.

·
Registered
759 Posts
I guess...if you consider a $10 cable lock that takes 2 min to install, and helps prevent a car from being stolen to be extreme :shrug:
Way too many RSX thefts happen only because the thief was able to plug their own kpro in and disable the immobilizer

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
I guess...if you consider a $10 cable lock that takes 2 min to install, and helps prevent a car from being stolen to be extreme :shrug:
Way too many RSX thefts happen only because the thief was able to plug their own kpro in and disable the immobilizer
What kind of cable lock?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts