Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a zex kit and I dyno at 231h.p and 178 torque. I have all bolt-ons and I want to know if thats average. I have no bottle heater or window switch, but I do plan to install this weekend. What other mods do you recomend.:driving:

·
Registered
113 Posts
Randeezle said:
Question: Would your numbers change if your bottle pressure was higher or lower?

I know that when I try to squeeze on a ice cold bottle, it feels like a 15 shot. Its only after I get that baby nice and warm that It hits hard, this is why I'm asking.
yes, the bottle heater keeps your pressure up. you want to be around 900-1100 for best resluts. im not sure, but if the bottle gets too cold, the nitrous could come out in liquid form, and cause detonation

·
Banned
16,523 Posts
Naw I'm not asking if the bottle warmer keeps your pressure up or not.

My question is, when you go to dyno your car with nitrous, will the bottle's pressure be a factor in what numbers you end up with.

I know I've squeezed on a hot as hell bottle and it felt more like a 100 shot than an 80.

Hight Bottle Pressure=More Lean
so... if your pressure is hella high, then you oughta end up with bigger numbers right?

·
Registered
16,758 Posts
liquid = detonation? no sir.

think about it, when they give it to you, most places, it's frozen. it's liquid then. theres a feed line inside your bottle......so that you get liquid. liquid = good.

bottle pressure....... the higher the pressure the more is going to flow through the selenoid while it's open. most are designed for 900-1050, but also, many kits are jetted rich for safety.

in effect, running while having a higher bottle pressure means that you will lean out the kit. running with a lower pressure means you'll richen the mixture.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Randeezle said:
Naw I'm not asking if the bottle warmer keeps your pressure up or not.

My question is, when you go to dyno your car with nitrous, will the bottle's pressure be a factor in what numbers you end up with.

I know I've squeezed on a hot as hell bottle and it felt more like a 100 shot than an 80.

Hight Bottle Pressure=More Lean
so... if your pressure is hella high, then you oughta end up with bigger numbers right?
Yes...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts