Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im sick of the knob that came with my 02 type-s, whats the best shift knob that i can put in it instead?

·
yawn..
22,903 Posts
oem options one that looks jdm cept has black lettering is hottt

·
1 of 1
5,669 Posts
StumpyRSX said:
I Love Mine!!! :thumbsup:

:cool:
Ahh I want that knob! The dealer stop selling that and it only comes with the A-spec package now. My friend did buy me the knob though from this site: http://www.autocarparts.com/part/396/11 but when i got it in the mail it was the 5-speed patern!!! I emailed them about it and im waiting for a reply.

Right now im using the 5-speed patern knob...i love the way it shifts compared to stock...im just gonna give this knob away to my friend who has a Si and rebuy the knob again if they find out if im gonna get a 6-speed patern next time.

N e one know anysites that sell that 6-speed jdm knob with black lettering like the one pictured?

·
for me to poop on!
1,603 Posts
I've been thinking about getting the Spoon Ti shift knob ($100).

·
Premium Member
7,468 Posts
Get the Tl 6 speed...........i just got it the other day and feels great.........not cold in winter either.

·
Registered
3,813 Posts
My GF got me the Ricks Voodoo Titanium Shift Knob. Its very heavy, and countersunk. I will make a new thread showing the difference between the stock and this.

·
Registered
326 Posts
I got the spoon one from aj-racing a little while ago. very nice knob but it is really light. I don't remember the exact weight but it says on the aj-racing website.

I think it's worked really well so far. I can really feel the shifting better over the stock knob

·
cold chillin
8,065 Posts
idriveanrsx said:
Get the Tl 6 speed...........i just got it the other day and feels great.........not cold in winter either.

yes 04 tl 6speed is a very good choice. i got one too :) :love:

·
DC5spd
1,015 Posts
how do you take off the stock shift knob?
i know you just dont twist it.
sorry im a newbie

any instructions would be great

·
1 of 1
5,669 Posts
slvr-s said:
I think hondacuraworld.com has the oem aluminum shift knob for like $37. :thumbsup:
Thx a lot!

·
for me to poop on!
1,603 Posts
vandeetz said:
I got the spoon one from aj-racing a little while ago. very nice knob but it is really light. I don't remember the exact weight but it says on the aj-racing website.

I think it's worked really well so far. I can really feel the shifting better over the stock knob
Any pics?

·
Long Member
5,429 Posts
Momo Cobra...you need the boot adaptor for Momo stuff though....

·
Registered
83 Posts
Anybody know where you can get the Blue RSX Billet shift knob. I know the dealer can get it, but I'm not in the mood to get ripped off. Does anybody have that knob? If so, is it pretty heavy? I want a heavier knob. The standard type-s knob feels like light weight plastic (which it probably is).

·
Long Member
5,429 Posts
Billet = heavier = better shift feel...

My Momo knob is much heavier than stock too...feels much nicer.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts