Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i was going to ask this question in the Which Turbo t3/t4 or 60-1, but there was alot of arguing and not any advising, so i decided to make a new topic.

My question is i wanted to get a turbo kit from CN but wanted to know what a T3/60-1 turbo was a how it differed from a 60-1 and the t3/t4, plus for the people that have these turbos, please tell me what times you guys are making in the 1/4 mile and how it ranks against other turbos, like the 62-1 turbo?

thanks, i know im asking alot but i want to learn as much as possible.

·
Registered
9,936 Posts
unlimited77 said:
Well i was going to ask this question in the Which Turbo t3/t4 or 60-1, but there was alot of arguing and not any advising, so i decided to make a new topic.

My question is i wanted to get a turbo kit from CN but wanted to know what a T3/60-1 turbo was a how it differed from a 60-1 and the t3/t4, plus for the people that have these turbos, please tell me what times you guys are making in the 1/4 mile and how it ranks against other turbos, like the 62-1 turbo?

thanks, i know im asking alot but i want to learn as much as possible.
They have different flow \ spool characteristics

·
*BOOSTED* Lead Foot
1,518 Posts
FYI... the "normal" turbo from CN is the T3/T4 hybrid...basically T4 turbo power with T3 spooling characteristics(quicker spooling)... The 60-1 is a larger, later spooling turbo. I've heard good results from the 60-1 as "306WHP at 7psi" but it spools fully right before 5krpm...

·
*BOOSTED* Lead Foot
1,518 Posts
I thought I answered it in my post above, but I guess I don't understand your question.... The 60-1 "hi-fi" turbo is a larger turbo than the t3/t4 hybrid...I'm not sure if it would be the equivalent of a "T6" turbo or not...
T3/T4 hybrid spools around 3k rpms
60-1 hifi spools right before 5k rpms

They're both made my Turbonetics I undersand.

·
Registered
9,936 Posts
Aft3rburn said:
I thought I answered it in my post above, but I guess I don't understand your question.... The 60-1 "hi-fi" turbo is a larger turbo than the t3/t4 hybrid...I'm not sure if it would be the equivalent of a "T6" turbo or not...
T3/T4 hybrid spools around 3k rpms
60-1 hifi spools right before 5k rpms

They're both made my Turbonetics I undersand.
I think it's Garrett. Turbonetics uses Garrett parts to create their own hybrid combinations, I believe.

·
Registered
24 Posts
CN has a new 60-1 turbo setup for the stage one that spools a little earlier than normal because they were seeing a lot of wheel hop with the t3/t4... so i herd (or understand)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts