Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all whats the formula for selecting a turbo for a specific application. What i mean is proper trim size and proper air flow efficiency, etc. Im biting the bullet and going boosted. I decided to go turbo since my custom vortech supercharger project was gonna cost an arm and a leg. :( . Anyways im looking at the precision turbo models and im stumped as to which one to select. I am looking for a smaller turbo with quick spooling that can support about 375 whp maybe max out at 400 or 405. I dont really want insane numbers but a streetable custom kit to fit my budget. I am not going to push over 12 psi so i was looking at the SC50 series and SC32 Series. I am going to keep the internals stock so is it safe to assume the bottom end can handle 12 psi on a daily driven basis? Any help would be appreciated. So far i ordered K-pro, My suspension components is on the way and an LSD ill take pics when they get here. I have about 3500 for turbo setup which is why i am piecing one together. Piping and so forth wil be made by a local shop for a very reasonable price. Anyways thanks ahead of time.:thumbsup:

·
Boostifed
4,828 Posts
need something a little big to get 400 at 12 psi... i would get a mid/lard size turbo so it allows youto hook the tires up and then fly like a bad out of hell

·
Registered
667 Posts
I would think a GT30R would be a better choice if his goal is 375whp and he never wants to go over 400whp. A GT30R should be able to hit that, and would spool faster than a GT35R.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.