Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Long Live RSX
482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I reset my trip odometer everytime I get a full tank of gas.

On May 1 I filled up with 87 octane at the base gas station and to my surprise it took 12.81 gallons until the full click (low gas light Not lit). After six days of driving my gauge is still at F with 104 miles. What gives?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
yup, what they said. if i drive pretty conservatively, my gas gauge reads full for about 60-100 miles, then reads half full around 200 and reads empty at about 300-330. weird.

·
Thug Life
2,231 Posts
our gas gauges measure gas depending on how we drive instead of how much there actually is in the tank. Floor it and it will come down fast, drive it easy and it'll go down slowly. Pretty fucking gay if you ask me, i've run my car for 3 days with the gas light on before and it shows how inaccurate it is.

·
I-VTEC, DO YOU?
2,191 Posts
i always run out of gas in my driveway.. i get home from a trip or w/e.. pull it in garage and next morning dont start.. damn thing. Anyway is there not an actual FLOAT in our tanks or wut? wut makes it being light on the pedal make the light go off?

·
Registered
160 Posts
Very true, I come home and park at night, before i turn off the car, i got a 1/4 tank left. When i start it up in the morning, gas light is on, good to see this thread in a way because i thought it was the mexicans stealing gas from my tank.

·
Registered
6,167 Posts
This happened to me one time. I filled up and drove 114mi and it was still on F.

Funny thing is I went and topped it off (to determine if it was the gas tank reading bad or not) and it only took 1 gallon!

I KNOW I didnt get 114mpg for that first gallon. I asked here and got a decent response...

http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=406979&highlight=gas

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Very true, I come home and park at night, before i turn off the car, i got a 1/4 tank left. When i start it up in the morning, gas light is on, good to see this thread in a way because i thought it was the mexicans stealing gas from my tank.
:rotfl:

·
sigh
12,700 Posts
i always run out of gas in my driveway.. i get home from a trip or w/e.. pull it in garage and next morning dont start.. damn thing. Anyway is there not an actual FLOAT in our tanks or wut? wut makes it being light on the pedal make the light go off?
No float. It electronically measures the volume. If you put more demand on the engine, more gas will be required. The fuel pump will compensate for this and take more fuel, thus causing your reading to change.

·
Registered
8,340 Posts
my problem is that I drive and the fuel gauge goes up and down....

1 - 20 of 38 Posts