Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
whats the maximum i can run without getting extended studs? 5mm maybe? 10mm stretching it? just a thought... would 25mm hubs be too wide for the rsx? ...oh and advantages or disadvantages in handle with these spacers.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
handling-wise, what can i expect?:) hope its not going to wear out a bearing.

anyone using these? they are the few 8mm's i've found but its unversal.. probably not machined..i just read universal's aren't the best fitting..problems with staying centered?

·
Registered
51 Posts
I'd also stick with 5mm and if you want to be as safe as possible, hub centric. I've ran 8mm with no issues in the past but this also depends on the thickness of the wheel backpad behind the lug seat (how much wheel there is between the rotor and the lug nut). Yes, this does vary from wheel to wheel - for example a BBS LM can have as much as 10-12 mm, where a TE37 has around 8mm.

·
Built on Dreams
1,020 Posts
darn! and i had my mind set on those 8mm for a good price too.:dontknow: anyone else with experience with 8mm on stock studs?
i wouldn't do anything over 5mm. When you have spacers on your car, most mechanics wont work on your car, such as getting your tires balanced/aligned, some bullshit I have delt with hear in SoCal, not sure if others have problems with spacers elsewhere. Anyways, you need to get spacers that have the EXACT bore size of 64.1 or the car will run like shit (wheels will feel like they are going to fall all if something to big like 80.5).

·
Lakers gonna lake
10,671 Posts
i wouldn't do anything over 5mm. When you have spacers on your car, most mechanics wont work on your car, such as getting your tires balanced/aligned, some bullshit I have delt with hear in SoCal, not sure if others have problems with spacers elsewhere. Anyways, you need to get spacers that have the EXACT bore size of 64.1 or the car will run like shit (wheels will feel like they are going to fall all if something to big like 80.5).
I hear that from alot of people but im running 25mm spacers with no hubcentric rings or anything and i seem to have no problems. They complain about it on their cars and when they drive my car, theres no complaints. I had spacers for over 100k miles and 10 track days so i dont exactly take it easy either

·
Registered
42 Posts
If Tire size is 225 max spacer I think would be 20mm without issues. I had issues with 245 tire size plus 10mm spacer ( rubbing on fenders had to get them rolled problem solved). If your going 20 plus mm I would suggest hubcentric spacers made specifically for the rsx and get extended lug nuts (ARP is good brand) your gunna want that extra meet on the studs for peace of mind and to torque down your tires properly.

·
WILDCARD!
1,149 Posts
If Tire size is 225 max spacer I think would be 20mm without issues. I had issues with 245 tire size plus 10mm spacer ( rubbing on fenders had to get them rolled problem solved). If your going 20 plus mm I would suggest hubcentric spacers made specifically for the rsx and get extended lug nuts (ARP is good brand) your gunna want that extra meet on the studs for peace of mind and to torque down your tires properly.
Most anything 15mm and above is likely going to be the type of spacer that has studs built in to it that you attach the wheels to.

·
WILDCARD!
1,149 Posts
Not at the time I don't believe no.
But I wasn't slammed. Only a set of Eibach lower springs.
Cool. Thanks. I was thinking of adding 20mm spacers to my car which is lowered about 1.5" (or whatever Tein recommends) on Tein coils. Sounds like I can probably get away with no rolling.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts