Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had this problem for 6-12 months and can't figure it out.. My car can run fine all day long but when it gets hot out (95+) it runs bad. It has to be a sensor i am guessing.. The A/C also makes it run this way. Once the day gets past around 95 degrees my car runs with a rough idle and 1+ second acceleration delay. It is very annoying. Any help??

·
Big Pimpin
15,710 Posts
haha yeah ts, get that.. probably be like +25 hp to the wheels:vtec:
Wow....are you serious or joking? I hope joking.

Though the IMG would help a bit with your IAT and it should help with your "hot day" conditions, as it's already been said "welcome to owning a honda". They don't like heat.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Feels almost like a broken motor mount.. guess it's just the heat :rolleyes:.. Atleast i still get some fun out of it in the morning :giggity:

·
Big Pimpin
15,710 Posts
Feels almost like a broken motor mount.. guess it's just the heat :rolleyes:.. Atleast i still get some fun out of it in the morning :giggity:
broken motor mount would not be heat dependent. It would be an all the time thing. Engines run rough with the A/C on. engines run rough when they're not running efficiently. If you think there is a problem with a mount, check them. it's really not too difficult, just requires you to get your hands dirty but really shouldn't take more than an hour or two.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts