Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

41 - 51 of 51 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
point taken. Now, if he replaces the ECU, it may be possible... well... maybe not then either. :rolleyes:

·
Banned
9 Posts
Alpha Zero said:
I don't doubt that 75 is possible. Daily driven 75 is a big mistake IMO.
Why?

I will let you know how it goes - after testing 50 I think our engine is so smart it can take alot more than we are giving it credit for. The only thing I have seen go wrong is the mis-shifters.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Hey jdkindle,

I seem to see you all over this site.:p Are you running a wet or dry system?

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
you ran a 14.67 with the NOS? I saw a guy run a 14.00 with a 50 shot.

·
JLA Bitches!
14,394 Posts
jdkindle said:

Why?

I will let you know how it goes - after testing 50 I think our engine is so smart it can take alot more than we are giving it credit for. The only thing I have seen go wrong is the mis-shifters.
Personally, I'm sure it's possible, but from my experience with n2o, I don't see how safe it can be.
We tested a H22 Civic with a 75 shot wet without retarding the timing, and came close to blowing the motor. After four runs the plugs were gone. We ran on 93 octane, fuel pressure at idle was at 40psi, new fuel filter, MSD 6A ignition cap coil, and with Prelude injectors and pump. Retarded the timing 2 degrees and car ran smooth with the 75 shot for 6 months until we upped it to a 100 shot DP kit. With the DP kit, we got the MSD Digital 6 and had it retard timing three degrees when the n2o was active. Ran fine for three months now and haven't had any problems.
I'm sure it's possible, but I don't see how safe it will be to run a 75 shot on a car that advances timing like it does. I'm sure that's also the problem that the turbo kits are having at the moment with the "i" in iVTEC. The VTC is a good thing for NA, but for FI, it may be a bigger problem.
Try it and tell me how it goes. I'm a poor bastard, so I can't afford to test my K20 with n2o. :nervous:

·
JLA Bitches!
14,394 Posts
jdkindle said:

can I use that?
Hehe. Yeah have at it. On a serious note though, try the 75 shot. I'm still really sceptical at the moment. From all I have done with n2o with different cars, this one seems very dangerous. I can't say for sure though, because I haven't tried n2o on my own car. As I stated before, no money. Anyways though, if a 75 shot works for you, I will probably venture into the 50 shot zone if the HKS or Greddy turbos aren't out by next year.:thumbsup:

41 - 51 of 51 Posts