Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have hks hi power cat back installed and whenever i go over a bump, it makes a clunking sound. it sounds like the exhaust is banging the ground. i haven't had this before. do any of you guys know what the problem is?:rolleyes:

·
_PiLF
11,861 Posts
jack it up, shake the exhaust a little to see where the freeplay is. examine the hangers.

·
Registered
21 Posts
all of the above. also take your back passenger side tire off and see if it's hitting your sway bar. my greddy evo was hitting mine. took a hammer and hit the exhaust a few time's to dent it a little where it was hitting the sway bar. worked like a charm. and no, there's no way it hurt the flow of the exhaust. small dent.

·
Registered
592 Posts
all of the above. also take your back passenger side tire off and see if it's hitting your sway bar. my greddy evo was hitting mine. took a hammer and hit the exhaust a few time's to dent it a little where it was hitting the sway bar. worked like a charm. and no, there's no way it hurt the flow of the exhaust. small dent.
:iamwiths: With the HKS, there may be a possibility of hitting the swaybar.. just go back there and wiggle it, like ppl have said. Either that, or somethings loose

1 - 9 of 9 Posts