Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
On The Way To N/A 12's
952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im getting my 04 type s in a couple of weeks. I want to do a lot to it (right away), but i know it has to be broke in first. So thats my first question. How many miles is it safe to say the engines broke in? Also, I know it comes with the warranty. Im not real worried about voiding it. But has there been any major problems with the rsx, that i should wait to see if they happen before i start moding?

·
Registered
53 Posts
give it about 600 miles..... it will get better after that, ull start noticing more power as u get more miles.

·
On The Way To N/A 12's
952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
so about 1000 mi and its safe to say its broke in? cool but has anybody had any problems with theres? i just dont want to void my warranty, then some thing happen? I know every cars diff, and u just never know. but if some people had the same problem i was goin to wait to start moding. Just to see if it happened to me.

·
How Now Brown Cow
414 Posts
It's a Honda motor, and it is one of their best(if not their best) motors they've built for the consumer market. If you give it around a thousand miles before you do anything you'll be safe. You said you want to do a lot to it. Do you mean bolt on wise or force induction as well? Cause for f/i you're going to want to give it some more time.
~J

·
On The Way To N/A 12's
952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Im going NA, i want speed the muscle way, dont get me wrong turbo's/sc :thumbsup: But its got to be reliable. And with all the traction problems turbo's/sc have. NA and and low 13 :love: also tranny

·
Registered
302 Posts
another problem that you might have is your syncros. alot of people who own a 2002 type s have had shit loads of problems with there syncros. wait and see but eve if you dohave a problem i think there was a recall? not sure.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.