Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
They used to have some with a rubber grip for $10 at Kragen. They said it was a seasonal item and I wish I bought one when I had the chance. :(

Anyone familiar with this tool and where to get one these days?

·
Banned
725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah, that's what i was looking for but not where shipping is a rip-off!:dontknow:

·
Retired OG
147,491,194 Posts
go to sears, find a snap on truck...something:dontknow:

·
Retired OG
147,491,194 Posts
sears, Habor freight??!?!? do you guys know what tool stores are?

·
Shiny side up!
930 Posts
Metric Adjustable

Why Do They Call An Adjustable Wrench Standard Or Metric? I Mean I'm Aware OF The Small Markings On The Side For Size Buy Really.:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: DO THEY HAVE METRIC & STANDARD VISE GRIPS??

·
Central PA AMSOIL dealer
5,586 Posts
sears, Habor freight??!?!? do you guys know what tool stores are?
Harbor Freight! I'd be a little leary of how accurate a torque wrench is from there. Sears is ok, I'd trust them. I'm a Kobalt man myself, but ever since Williams (Snap-On) stopped making Kobalt tools, their quality has dropped off a bit. The tools are still strong, but you can tell.

and i'm with the guy that's asking why they'd call an adjustable wrench metric :dontknow: . there are metric markings on there, but are they really necessary?

·
Retired OG
147,491,194 Posts
lol Habor Freight is the shit when it comes to cheap tools that don't require accuracy.
I usually buy all my tools at sears though..

Reactions: TQSOH2

·
Sell me your NES games!!
5,876 Posts
lol Habor Freight is the shit when it comes to cheap tools that don't require accuracy.
I usually buy all my tools at sears though..
QFT!! Harbor Frieght is great for people that are only going to use the tool a couple times. If you can't justify spending $50 on a set of shorty wrenches, get them from Harbor frieght for like $15. However, if you're a serious gearhead or profession mechanic you're not going to spend any time in HF.

I do recommend sear though for all your basic tools, like metric wrenches, screw drivers, socket wrenches, allen keys, ect. The reason is becuase if you break them they'll replace them for free.

One other trick you can do is buy the impact sockets from HF. They're a lot stronger than the regular sockets but they're still pretty cheap.

Plus who can beat an 18" long breaker bar for $10?!? It makes getting those stubborn exhuast bolts off sooo much easier!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.