Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
CANG
545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
where do you all go drag racing around southbay? i asked this a long time ago and a lot of you directed me to pomona, but i was confused on something about that place. :confused: i usually go to irwindale every thursday for their tnt. i like the place, but its only 1/8th mile.

about pomona raceway. everytime i check their website, it only shows the schedule for the official nhra drags. what about the weekly events, or do they offer any? i hear you guys talk about going to pomona quite often. can you let me know when do you guys go? if im wrong, where do you guys go?

·
CANG
545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
what about fontana dragway?

i really need to know when do you guys go? is there a schedule on some website that tells you these information?

not too many imports go to irwindale, and we don't stand a chance against those 1000whp musclecars.

·
Registered
515 Posts
uh I'm at irwindale all the time. lol I'm the silver celica running 9.0's and 8.9's :)

you can go to www.californiaspeedway.com (in fontana by my house) but its a slow track. 1200 ft elevation and sometimes not prepped right and typically a 5-15mph head wind.

you can also try saturdays at carlsbad dragstrip. its about an hour and 20 minutes from california speedway. it's got lower temps and its 0 elevation. you will be .2 - .3 faster then you will be at cali speedway.

·
CANG
545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thx, lucky! can you tell me what the schedule is for californiaspeedway? i still can't find it.

and at carlsbad, is it every saturday?

there are always 3 celicas there. and all 3 are silver, so which one is yours? there are 2 with the trd(or alike) bodykit and one of them has a cf hood. the last one has no wing.

·
CANG
545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
lol, oopps, you have a picture of it. ya, i guess ive seen it!!!!

·
Registered
515 Posts
carlsbad is every saturday. last time I went to CSW I was wingless. kinda sucked cause EVERY celica was silver except 1 red one. lol 1 of the silver/action package ones is my other teamate.

heres a direct link to the schedule... http://dbserver.iscmotorsports.com/...e=T&Establishment_ID=1&viewsection=California Dragway&

only 1 day per month til summer. by then it'll be too hot to get good times anyways. lol I'm waiting til my new mods get here and I get the car tuned before I hit the track again. check the socal race days thread cause I usually post what days we'll be at the track there.

·
Registered
515 Posts
irwindale is every thursday and is an 1/8 mile only. tech starts at 4 racing at 5 ends at 10. $10 to watch and $20 to race. you'll get betetr timnes than CSW.

·
Registered
515 Posts
^^ none.

·
Registered
271 Posts
pomona its normally open thrusday-sat till 10 or 11pm. That tracks sucks ass tho.
Fontana is better but im not sure about their time

·
Registered
515 Posts
they are every other saturday and end at 11 pm. only problem is that its a 1200 ft elevation track with a typical head wind of 3-10 mph or more on a windy day wher you can see gusts up to 30 - 40 mph as a head wind

·
Registered
546 Posts
Soulfly said:
pomona its normally open thrusday-sat till 10 or 11pm. That tracks sucks ass tho.
Fontana is better but im not sure about their time
Pomona is a way better track then Fontana.
Fontana= No Traction..

W. :firemad:

·
Registered
324 Posts
Are there a decent amount of imports that show up at carlsbad? I checked out the website and it looked like it was all american with exception of one or two japanese cars.

·
Registered
515 Posts
^^ the websites are always biased towards the domestics since they consider imports not real racing.

I will be at carlsbad tomorrow :)

·
Registered
324 Posts
Ah alright that sounds good. Are there any others open this weekend or in the next few days, preferably 1/4 mile? like Pomona perhaps?

·
Banned
4,623 Posts
nm i found it, they open early how cool!

Carlsbad raceway
Street Drags & Test n Tune EVERY SATURDAY
Gates open at 11:00 A.M.
We race from 4 to 6 hours, depending on car count
General addmission-$15 Race entry-$10

·
Registered
546 Posts
Anyone going racing at Fontana 4/10/04?

Late
W. :firemad:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts