Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
which pipe do i have to weld the bov flange to? I will be getting the intercooler kit in like a week so i didnt want to have to order another flange and weld again... before i get flamed ... i did search but all the pic i found werent working anymore

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
my flange is welded on the pipe after the turbo, before intercooler .. i know after intercooler is "ideal" or whatever but i didnt have the intercooler kit at first so yea .. it stills works fine either way ..

·
Registered
340 Posts
RSXdelerium said:
my flange is welded on the pipe after the turbo, before intercooler .. i know after intercooler is "ideal" or whatever but i didnt have the intercooler kit at first so yea .. it stills works fine either way ..
Actually, people will argue that yours is the better setup..By locating the BOV after the intercooler, the intercooler is using some of its efficiency to cool air that you are just in turn venting back into the atmosphere (in a setup with the BOV after the intercooler)..

In your setup, the air is vented before the intercooler, thus improving the efficiency of the intercooler since it is not having to cool this air that is just going to waste anyway by being dumped back into the atmosphere..

Now, keep in mind that this is a very small impact for intercooler efficiency, but when you are looking at the engineering standpoint of it, maximum efficiency for a BOV dump would be in your case :thumbsup:

In the most extreme power setups, this is something that is often overlooked from an engineering standpoint, but you will find some power freaks out there :) that are looking for every last possible idea to get the most efficiency out of the setup; this is where you usually see the BOV before the intercooler :D

·
Registered
6,623 Posts
If you guys wanna make a DIY use JB weld on the bov

1 - 7 of 7 Posts