Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have searched, but can’t really find any reliable places online that you guys have purchased engines from? I would rather find in person, but afraid I don’t have the time to wait to find one. Preferably with lower miles, I just don’t know where to start as far as online, as I would have to go on faith. Thanks guys

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
I have searched, but can’t really find any reliable places online that you guys have purchased engines from? I would rather find in person, but afraid I don’t have the time to wait to find one. Preferably with lower miles, I just don’t know where to start as far as online, as I would have to go on faith. Thanks guys
I got my first Jdm k24a (k24a2 equivalent) from a Jdm shop in Ohio. My second one I got from a local shop here in Illinois. Both were of lower mileage with about 45-55k.

If you want one, pm me and I'll get you the information.

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
HMotorsOnline.com has the best reputation I've heard of, as far as companies not selling you junk engines. I bought an H22 from them that treated me very well for the year I drove on it until I decided to tear it apart for a power build. Its internals looked in excellent shape. And as far as I know, every JDM importer claims about 50k miles. Supposedly it's rare for the Japanese to drive their cars any longer than that.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So I notice the 06-08 k24a2 are basically twice the price of the 04-05s. I know 06 has better cams, and potential to make more power, is it really worth the price difference?

·
Always on TDY...
2,186 Posts
So I notice the 06-08 k24a2 are basically twice the price of the 04-05s. I know 06 has better cams, and potential to make more power, is it really worth the price difference?
I believe it's worth getting the 06-08 k24 over the 04-05 k24. I got mine thru carpart.com for a great price. Just be patient. I called several salvage yards based on the list and found one in FL, got all the details on the car, pictures, of the motor and so forth. Price included shipping right to my house and the motor has been in my car 3 years strong, no issues.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I def don’t want to cheap out at this point, still just trying to figure out if it’s worth getting 06. Is the power increase that significant? Or I guess it has the potential to be?

·
Always on TDY...
2,186 Posts
I def don’t want to cheap out at this point, still just trying to figure out if it’s worth getting 06. Is the power increase that significant? Or I guess it has the potential to be?
Then get the 06-08 k24a2... It's the better buy. Based in my research and running a supercharger, it was no question that the 06-08 version was the better motor. I can't speak to the 04-05, but going from the k20a2 to the k24 was a HUGE difference.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Lol my bad, I will keep looking on car part, but was asking about dealers online as well. But I’m thinking they are all pretty much in the same ball park, and yeah would be best to get out of salvage like you said.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Right now all I see on there is one with a broken head, and another 06 block that’s far away from me, that I’ll call about tomorrow

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
So I’m being told by one of the Jdm city dealers that they only carry the jdm version which is 04-05 which makes sense. So Jdm city VA says they have 06-08, so I’m guessing they only have 04-05

·
Gone Wit' It
44 Posts
I’d go with KMod performance. I actually took the risk and bought it on EBay.... but it’s been working for 5 straight years lol got it with 85k.

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
2006 for $750.00 @
After Hours Salvage, Ocala, FL 34475
(866)432-5155 Ext 405844

2006 for $762.32 @
Cocoa Auto Salvage, Cocoa, FL 32926
(866)432-5155 Ext 210261
Are those standard junkyard long block prices out there? Damn, ours are down near $300, and TSXs have been showing up fairly often lately!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts