Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Vaginal Lubrication Tech
333 Posts
hopefully both of those should be close enough for you to inspect before you buy and assuming you have a truck or a friend with a truck, you can save $200-350 on shipping.

this is the one in Cocoa, looks like the car was rear-ended

there was a 2008 motor for $950 in jacksonville but it was a grade C with something liike 215K on it.

--here is another good one --
--------------------------------------
2008 (102K) for $500 + Shipping @
G & N Auto Salvage, Canutillo, TX 79835
(866)411-1120 Ext 303784

Just let me know if you need more listings, i can keep throwin them at you all day.

·
Always on TDY...
2,186 Posts
Yeah, I concur with dusty... I checked out 3 motors online and called each salvage yard to get details. I found a grade A, under 90k miles, and the car was rear ended, so no issues with the motor shipped right to my house for a great price. It's easy to find k24s for a good price. I really wanted to get a k20 again, but it was double the price. Going k24a2 was one of my best investments in my RSX.

I miss the 9k redline at times, but when I press the pedal, the torque with S/C whine puts a smile on my face every time.

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
^ RSX goals right there. I love supercharger whine. I hear roots chargers don't like elevation, though. I live at 6,000 ft, and like to drive anywhere up to just over 14,000, so we'll see...

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Well I pulled the trigger on one today with 118k for 900 shipped 2007 with a 6 month warranty. So basically I’m rounding up parts, but need reminded. So basically I’m going to put new oe clutch and 11.5lb flywheel. Then I need the CRV bracket. And a header that fits. Also plan to use the RBB manifold, and I have the karcepts adaptor for when I put the RBC on the k20, this is the adaptor I need right? As far as using the rsx oil cooler and what not, does that involve anything other than swapping over? Anything else I’m missing to make this work? I have Ktuner. I’m also needing an intake that will work, will injen mri fit?

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
And should I replace belts, maybe k24 tensioner? Sorry lots of questions, but didn’t want to start a new thread. And I have been doing nothing but reading, but all can still be a little confusing.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts