Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im looking for references, etc. as to where to buy a good Mugen lip kit for an 05/06. Im hoping to do a swap soon, and working on shopping around for the kit. Any suggestions? Id definitely rather pay a little more for a quality product, than to save $50-$100 and get a POS replica that doesnt fit.

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
NOTE: While searching "thersxsite.com" for pictures of the various kits, I looked at 2 of the orange RSX's listed under the 05-06 Mugen Lip Kit section..

The first one I saw looks like it still has the factory 05-06 rear, and the other one has the fog lights added into the front.

I also just wanted to confirm with some of you who may have been looking at these kits longer than I ... that I am looking for the right parts..

This is the front I want:

And this is the rear I want to go with:

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Any others? Possibly closer to the Southeast region where I may be able to drive and pick it up, rather than having to pay for shipping?

·
미스터 비.
1,015 Posts
nextmod are replicas and they're okay in quality. i don't think you could go wrong with them.

·
Registered
209 Posts
many got it from nextmod. I dont hear no complains, although what I heard is the rear mugen lips wouldn't exactly fit perfectly. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

·
BECAUSE! racecar...
4,219 Posts
afaik even the authentic mugen rear lip has a tight fitment as well...

·
#goldmember
3,442 Posts
from what i can remmeber yes they're both fiberglass.. i have the front and rear replicas from nextmod and they fit very well.. just had a lil trouble pre fitting the rear.. it does stick out a lil on the sides and near the license plate there's a little gap but other than that.. replicas are good for their price.

·
Honor Super Omnia
1,424 Posts
sick whip dude. i just got my mugen replica on my bumper my dad picked it up today from the body shop while i was at work he told me it looked like a whole new bumper. for the price i would just go with a replica

·
4-MMC OG
1,907 Posts
yea im not sure about the sideskirts though, i heard they are a pain to mount.. so i might just go for the authentic sides or just got the a=spec since it's cheaper. lol

Alexsamas went on without much issue, and the sides actually fit the best. Not to say the whole kit (nextmod) doesn't fit well, but like others said, the rear takes some work and patience :dontknow: IMO its the best deal, but authentic is always better...

·
Registered
846 Posts
If you have the money get the original for sure.

if you only want to spend 1/3 of the price Nextmod.com will probably be your best bet

1 - 20 of 25 Posts