Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
don't know
1,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, so i'm in the market to get a nitrous kit and im thinking about getting the NX system. this is my only car and is my daily driver, so i want to be extra safe. i have read every post in the nitrous forum and have heard about a window switch or rpm switch. just wondering where i could get one.

p.s. any other tips or advice would be appreciated. thanks :thumbsup: :wavey:

·
Registered
16,758 Posts
Well, i found my old old sheet from when i got my window switch...

All of it came from summit racing,

unit was MSD-8956 $77
low pills were 4000,4200,4400,4600,4800 was MSD-8744
and high pills were 7100,7300,7500,7700,7900 - MSD-87471

and each set of pills was $24.

·
don't know
1,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
thanks! i will check them out. do you like having the switch?

also, what company did your kit from? and how do you like it? sorry to ask so many questions but you pretty much own this forum and probably know more about this area than anyone else on here.

also. i have heard that you don't feel anything with just a 50 shot and you have to do at lest a 75 to feel anything. is that true?

·
this is my inner child
3,954 Posts
k20a2racer said:
thanks! i will check them out. do you like having the switch?
also, what company did your kit from? and how do you like it? sorry to ask so many questions but you pretty much own this forum and probably know more about this area than anyone else on here.
also. i have heard that you don't feel anything with just a 50 shot and you have to do at lest a 75 to feel anything. is that true?
That is so untrue. A 50 shot is good starting point and believe me, YOU WILL FEEL IT. :thumbsup:
I would say 90% of the guys running nitrous on the board right now are running Nitrous Express. No real reason why, it just happened that way.
I bought my window switch off of ebay for $77 and I'm actually looking for the pills for it now myself.

·
don't know
1,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
sweet! thats good news to hear.

why don't you just order the pills from summit?

·
this is my inner child
3,954 Posts
k20a2racer said:
sweet! thats good news to hear.

why don't you just order the pills from summit?
I saw where someone was selling individual pills on ebay. I was hoping mabye to find someone doing that here or on one of the other boards, so I wouldn't have to buy a whole set for one stinkin' pill. :dontknow: I'll probably breakdown and buy the sets so I can get everything installed.

·
Registered
16,758 Posts
yeah, for the same price, i'd buy from summit and get the free shipping and pretty good customer service.

i'm runnin nx, look in my sig, under useful links, there are some decent setup pics of my kit. :thumbsup:

and yes, you can feel 50.

·
this is my inner child
3,954 Posts
WarmPepsi said:
:blah: :blah: :blah:
low pills were 4000,4200,4400,4600,4800 was MSD-8744
and high pills were 7100,7300,7500,7700,7900 - MSD-87471
:blah: :blah:
What do you have your low rpm set at???
I wasn't sure, but I thought about setting it in the 3,000 range.

·
Registered
16,758 Posts
no. set it higher. there is no reason to spray that low. I've actually pondered starting it higher than the 4k mine is set to.

check out hondata's take on n2o, they feel it shouldn't start before 5k.

·
don't know
1,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
warmpepsi: thanks for the tips and pics.

ok. i really don't want to mount the bottle in my spare area cus i would like to still carry my spare for long trips and other things. however i also don't want to mount it somewhere easily visible. i was thinking about mounting it behind my driver seat in the floor board, and making some kind of black neophrene (sp?) cover since my interior is black. between the cover and tinted windows and blending in with the interior color do you think it would work? not trying to make it invisable, just not easily noticable. and would it be a reasonable place. that way when i want to turn on the bottle all i have to do is reach behind the seat. also i would run all the lines through the center console then through the firewall since that area is pretty much empty.

what do a think?

·
this is my inner child
3,954 Posts
I wouldn't mount a full sized bottle anywhere in my car. If you have a leak or overheat your bottle like someone did here, the bottle will be dumping nitrous right into your car. And up your back if you would mount it behind you.

Mines mounted in the hatch. That way I actually have to get out and turn the bottle on. That keeps me from running someone at every light. :p

Some people have mounted in the car itself, I just don't think it's safe.

PS
I'm the one who overheated my bottle and it was unbelievable loud when the bottle blew and it stunk up my car.

·
this is my inner child
3,954 Posts
WarmPepsi said:
no. set it higher. there is no reason to spray that low. I've actually pondered starting it higher than the 4k mine is set to.
check out hondata's take on n2o, they feel it shouldn't start before 5k.
5k :( :thumbsdow
2k and go out like Az :D :thumbsup:

:shakehead
I guess I'll have to get a couple of pills and see what I like.
I was much happier spraying without one. :D

·
don't know
1,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
RSX Factor said:
I wouldn't mount a full sized bottle anywhere in my car. If you have a leak or overheat your bottle like someone did here, the bottle will be dumping nitrous right into your car. And up your back if you would mount it behind you.
when i talked about mounting it behind the seat, i also ment i would have a blow down tube exiting outside my car.

·
Traction is for pussies
4,404 Posts
i got my window switch from summit also (its more fun to actually go there and get it though rather than just ordering it :D)

mine starts at 3900 and cuts off at 7900...i have yet to run my car through first gear with nitrous though so when i decide to do that (whenever i bring this to the track) i'll probably bump the pills upto 4500-5k or somewhere around that area

·
don't know
1,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
ok..........i am going to order almost everything tonight :D .........

*NX wet kit
*NX blow down tube
*NX blow off cap and valve
*NX bottle warmer OR *NX purge kit
*MSD window switch
*MSD low RPM pills
*MSD high RPM pills

the kit did not mention a purge kit or blow down tube so i figure it doesn't come with that stuff.

aslo.......i don't know if i need to get the purge kit first or the bottle warmer :dontknow: (since i can't afford both tonight) . i will eventually get both but i am not sure which on is more important to run properly. i care alot more about function than what looks good.

i will still have to get gauges, plugs, switches, and stuff like that..just want to have the bulk of it down.

and do any of you have the NX fuel pressure saftey switch?

i would appreciate any and all the help or advice i can get. if there is anything i missed let me know.

·
Traction is for pussies
4,404 Posts
just get the genx-2 kit

just from memory, it comes with: purge, bottle warmer, blowdown tube, blow off cap/valve, fuel pressure safety switch, glycerine nitrous guage (for use underhood or on the bottle)...umm i'm sure it came with some other stuff too, but i can't remember

·
don't know
1,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
i checked that out but it says it doesn't come with the purge. and i don't really need the gauge cus im gonna get on to put in my gauge pod.

and my spending cut off is $1G.............for tonight:D

1 - 20 of 26 Posts