Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Go Jackets
5,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I was just wondering if anyone has any real good ideas as to where to put neon lights. I have 5 12" or 15" lights that I need to put in somewhere and I dont know where else to put them. I have them under the seats and in the trunk around my sub already. Any ideas are appreciated. If you don't like the neon idea, please keep negative comments to yourself, there is no need starting another ricer argument.

Thanks

Drew

·
Fix it 'til it's broken
12,041 Posts
:iamwiths:

·
Go Jackets
5,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thats not a bad idea, I will look into it and let you guys know. My brother came up with the idea of hiding them down inside the engine compartment, do you think that is a possibility?

Drew

·
Gymnast
2,447 Posts
I am really curious how the neons are installed into the RSX. I want to do this also, but i am afraid that i will break something. I want it wired so that when i turn on my lights, the neons come on also. Does anyone have a DIY with pics??? thanks

·
Go Jackets
5,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i wired mine through a switch that i put in the accessory spot next to the cruise control. As far as wiring them to you're lights, thats a little tougher, it could also become annoying. I wired them through the back of the cig. lighter in the front seat. Meaning that I split off the power and ground wires from the back of the lighter, and ran them to a switch, and then from the switch to the neons. It really all depends on what kind of lights you are getting or have gotten. Some come ready to wire to the battery and then to a switch and some have the cig. plug on them. Either way, determine which is positive and which wire is negative and then you can procede from there.

Drew

·
Fix it 'til it's broken
12,041 Posts
Not sure about putting them into the engine compartment with the high temps. that they would be exposed to.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Try getting varad leds and put them in your vents. been wanting to do that, but haven't yet, it looks quite cool in pics i've seen though. I'm doing a custom trunk in the spring with plenty of neon. hope it comes out cool. other than that, just neon hidden, but shining is the best, like under the dash, seats, anywhere you can stuff them.

·
Go Jackets
5,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
O ok, well so far I have neons under the dash, both sides, and under the seats both sides. I also have 2 in the trunk, one inside my box, and one behind my box next to the back seat. Im gonna try to figure out where else to try to put them.

Drew

·
Kompressor
9,596 Posts
well since corso broke the don not flame thing, i'm going to have to say in your ass. lol i'm sorry, i just don't see the need for neons on a acura..:(

·
Go Jackets
5,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
well thats understandable, and I agree, the BROKEN neons do go in the trash. I tend to like them, and I only turn them on for shows and meets and whatnot, they are hardly ever on.

Drew

·
Registered
4,946 Posts
i wouldn't wire them through your regular lights so that when the lights go on so do tehy. the reason behind this is legality. if u see a cop, u can just turn them off, and u won't get in trouble, since neons are illegal in certain colors in certain places.

·
yawn..
22,903 Posts
dchaprhs said:
thats not a bad idea, I will look into it and let you guys know. My brother came up with the idea of hiding them down inside the engine compartment, do you think that is a possibility?

Drew

Make sure they arn't near the hot spots of the engine bay.. they will surely melt.

Put one behind your grill..?
Under the dash?..
hang a few from the rear trunk cover thing so it lights up your trunk.

Make sure you don't put too many, it would look tacky

·
03 PWP Type-S
1,118 Posts
Although I'm not a huge fan of the neon lights, I would say buy a 4 piece underglow kit from streetglow. Two 24" and two 36" neons is all you need. When people start to over do their car with neons, they become tacky looking.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts