Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

61 - 79 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
507 Posts
The tubing is so you're not squirting fluid all over the place. It can be corrosive. Use a ratcheting 10mm wrench, slip the tubing onto the bleeder nipple and place the end into a bottle, then slide the wrench over that .Also, NJK20 is correct on the bleeding order for a front wheel drive car. FL, FR, RL, RR. I just did it last week.
Thanks, So slip the tubing over the nipple and wrench OVER the tubing?

Edit:

Nevermind, so it looks something like this?

·
Thats a Moh Fahk Lai
85 Posts
The tubing is to catch the brake fluid that comes out of the bleeder screw, its also helpful in determining if the brake fluid is still dirty because you can see the color of the fluid that comes out. It can also help you see if you still got air bubbles coming out of the bleeder screw.

To loosen the bleeder screw, you'll need to use a 8mm wrench iirc.

·
Name's Vic
14,752 Posts
you can't do a complete flush you need the honda tool to flush the abs module if im correct, probably 2-3 bottles should be plenty. You dont ever let the master get empty or near empty.

·
Get of My Nuts
1,331 Posts
you can't do a complete flush you need the honda tool to flush the abs module if im correct, probably 2-3 bottles should be plenty. You dont ever let the master get empty or near empty.
Most important thing. if air gets in your screwed and will start all over. Then you can go through alot of bottles.

·
Registered
53 Posts
BACK FROM TEH DEAD!!!

ok so would it be the same if im going from the OEM DOT3 to the motul rbf600 DOT4???

im a little lost...

so do i suck up the fluid a little then dump in teh dot4 bleed add more bleed until its clear?

IDKWTFtodo...
help?

·
DIYer
1,506 Posts
I'm glad I invested in speed bleeders I can do my brake flush in about 30-40 min by myself
with you on this one.lol this things come in handy and you get to avoid all the :bsflag:

·
Registered
430 Posts
i know this is old, but figured i post my recent fluid change. I am guessing it was time?

In for comments. Besides "way to go for reviving an old thread". I figured this was better than starting a new one?

·
Name's Vic
14,752 Posts
That is some disgusting shit. I can only imagine how much water ended up in your calipers haha.

·
Name's Vic
14,752 Posts
Was saying that because brake fluid is hygroscopic, holds water. Should be bled ever 2yrs. Higher temp should be used if you boil dot 3-4.

·
Acura Parts Dept.
581 Posts
2 bottles of brake fluid for a complete flush. Easiest way is to take a bottle and let it sit upside down inside the brake fluid reservoir. Dont worry it will not spill out. This is the easiest way to deal with not having to keep an eye on the fluid level as it will always be full. This way you can focus on bleeding the brakes.

·
Registered
6 Posts
im doing mine tomorrow if it's not raining. This is my plan to get as close to a flush as possible.
-pull out old fluid from resivor with the handy turkey pumpy and leave a tiny bit
-fill it only 1/4 with new fluid
-bleed one out until the new fluid comes.
-refill the resivor all the way
-then bleed the rest until the fluid is nice
-then refill again.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
im doing mine tomorrow if it's not raining. This is my plan to get as close to a flush as possible.
-pull out old fluid from resivor with the handy turkey pumpy and leave a tiny bit
-fill it only 1/4 with new fluid
-bleed one out until the new fluid comes.
-refill the resivor all the way
-then bleed the rest until the fluid is nice
-then refill again.
flip the bottle and lay it upside down in the reservoir so you don't have to keep refilling after you bleed.

61 - 79 of 79 Posts