Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Whatsup everyone... I'm looking into cams at the moment for my frank build. Gona run the 12.5.1 ratio and trying to figure out which cam would be the right kinda move. I like to value of the drag cartels but can't figure out which ones... either the 4.5 or 3.2 or 2.2 cams. Then the next question is which valves with what spring n retainers. I feel very lost in this department. :rest I'm not looking for alot of bs u feel me but good insight on whatsup n what's a real good setup. I'm not looking to buy one then another later. So I'll eat whatever till its all together but until then idk

·
A&A removal crew
33,379 Posts
I do not know of any cams and can make potions and do spells. sorry.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Lol yeah I noticed my phone did that. But just figured I'd ask about cams cuz idk which r good. But imy hoping I can get insight on the different options n about the mm part of the details on them. I don't know how to read the numbers and what they mean compared to the other cams ones

·
Resident hater
7,647 Posts
Cartel 4
Supertech springs and retainers
Stock valves, or if you really feel like upgrading, Ferrea 6000 series.

Edit: what engine?

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
K24a2/k20a2 head. I don't got the bottom end yet but she's on her way n I wanted to know about cams an all before hand. How bad do the 4s lop at idle like are they a street able cam

·
Resident hater
7,647 Posts
Figure out how much power you want to make and what kind of bullshit you're willing to deal with.

·
rsxdudetx
406 Posts
I'd recommend the 3.2s. That's what I wanted for my build which is the same compression. Unfortunately they were backordered when I was doing the build so I ended up going with 4Piston "road race" cams. I built mine for road racing and maybe some autocross days. I have a daily driver so I'm not worried about driving around with these cams.

As far as valve train, any reputbale spring setup is fine. Just stay away from crap like Skunk2, Blox, etc. You can use stock valves or go with Ferrea like F-Bom said. Make sure to put new valve seals in too.

Good luck! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
476 Posts
i have the same frank set up, i built my botom end with weisco piston, k1 technology rods. k24a2 compression and k20a2 head i daily drive my vehicle and wanted to stay legal with cat. i optioned for drag cartel DIC i got into 200TQ, 250HP with few more bolt ons. drag cartel DIC made a real difference in mids! if u not gonna go all out and dd ur car go with company that has proven race track record reputation like drag cartel or so..... i heard drag cartel 2.2 makes pretty good power , and street friendly.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.