Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I have a problem. My clutch is starting to slip, and everytime I floor the gas it just feels like the car struggles to pick up speed.
I dont have much money and install is gonna cost me about $250.

1) Which clutch should I buy, Stage 1 or 2?
2) Should I stick with stock flywheel for better 60ft's or light flywheel for faster revs? If I do get a flyhweel ACT looks like the best option.
3) Should I buy Exedy stage 1 organic or Act Stage 1 Organic w/ heavy duty PP?

Thanks
Chris

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
No one ey?

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
Stay with organic. You are not going to need the stage II cerametallic unless you're pushing like 270 hp. Exedy and Act both are highly recommended on this site. Get the flywheel thrown in there while it's open. good luck :thumbsup:

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
pints99 said:
Stay with organic. You are not going to need the stage II cerametallic unless you're pushing like 270 hp. Exedy and Act both are highly recommended on this site. Get the flywheel thrown in there while it's open. good luck :thumbsup:
Yeah I want the flywheel but I dont know if its worth the money.
I am hoping Act is a little stronger than exedy, because people say the exedy becomes soft after a while.

·
Registered
864 Posts
anybody clutchnet?
I did a search and didnt find shit. Anyway they seem to be pretty reputable from what little I can gather from other sources. They have an excellent variety for anyones needs. I am going to take a chance and get my street/drag clutch and pressure plate from them when it's time to upgrade (bullshit translation: when i get the money.)
If anyone can give me their experience or a good source about clutchnet I would appreciate it.

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
TypeRus said:
anybody clutchnet?
I did a search and didnt find shit. Anyway they seem to be pretty reputable from what little I can gather from other sources. They have an excellent variety for anyones needs. I am going to take a chance and get my street/drag clutch and pressure plate from them when it's time to upgrade (bullshit translation: when i get the money.)
If anyone can give me their experience or a good source about clutchnet I would appreciate it.
They had the exedy Organic for 248 on the website and I called them to make sure of the price and they said it was 378 and it was a missprint.

I just ordered my Act Stage 1 organic clutch w/ Heavy Duty PP
for 330 after shipping.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts