Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Original Owner
2005 acura rsx type s
803 Posts
The manual ecu is meant to be use to convert to kpro. You'll have issue with the immobilizer if you try to use the manual ecu without a bypass or getting program by the dealer so you're better off just getting the ecu kpro first.

·
Original Owner
2005 acura rsx type s
803 Posts
look at hasport page
Auto-to-Manual Swap - VTEC Academy

·
Original Owner
2005 acura rsx type s
803 Posts
Now, concerning the Auto-to-Manual swap I took a look at Aspired Driven's channel on YouTube.

His RSX is an '05 on K-Tuner.

at 13:25 he mentioned that K-Tuner will allow him to use his stock Auto ECU on his Manual trans. That he would need to send it to them to " get it re-flashed for a manual " transmission.

Then in his other video . . .

at 8:46 he mentioned that he went ahead purchased a Dash Harness from a Manual car and then changed out the Auto dash harness " literally just plug-n-play ".

at 10:48 he mentioned that he got a company to install K-Tuner, and that he himself changed over the settings to make his Auto ECU function like a Manual.

at 13:06 he mentioned that he KEPT his Auto Trans Engine harness, and cut all the plugs that went to the Auto Transmission and to the solenoids ( not sure which solenoids ), extended the wire for the speed sensor and wired up the reverse light.

=========

So my take on all this is . . .

1) -
KPROv4 already has the Manual Trans codes built into the ECU. So there should not be any reason for me to have to program the Auto ECU to work like a Manual.

At Technical Information KPro Alternative ECU for Engine Swaps

It says, " We install the manual transmission code into this ECU ".

And secondly, to follow the instructions about the A18 wire for controlling the VSS ( the speedo movement on the dash ).

So we should be good to go there.

Does anyone agree ?

==========

2) - I think the MAIN ingredient to get the Auto ECU to work on an "Auto-to-Manual Conversion" project would be to switch out the Auto Dash harness for a Manual Dash harness.

My only question is, can I just buy a NEW Manual Dash harness on Ebay, or does it have to be from a crashed car ?

And does it matter if the Dash harness is a Type-S or a Base ?

And does it matter if the Dash harness is from an 02-04 or 05-06 ?

I am thinking it would be an 02-04 since an 05-06 RSX changed how it reads speed.

=========

Ultimately, the guys at Hondata said to ask the performance shop if they have ever used K-PRO while doing an Auto to Manual conversion.

If yes, they said that using an Auto PND ECU "should " work just fine .

=======

Your thoughts ?
1. yes kpro and you're done regarding ecu
2.either get a 02-04 manual dash harness (doesn't matter new or use as long as it works)or do what hasport did and mess with a few wires(cheaper route). It's in the article I posted.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts