Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which exhaust sounds closest to the 350Z? Gives good gains and is under 5 bills:beerchug: :beerchug: :beerchug:

·
Registered
811 Posts
No exhaust is gonna give you good gains unless your car is already funning some sort of FI. The most you should expect from it is 5-8hp. It is a good idea though to get one that is between 60-65mm for NA app so it doesnt cost you power down the road. 60 should be fine for a mild to moderate app. 65 should be fine for most moderate to high power apps and the more extreme apps. (just guessing cause it hasnt been done yet) would prolly benifit from 65+mm setup. The BCIII( what i have) is 65mm and is well suited for almost any NA app. Greddy has a 75mm Ti version coming out but that is a little larger for NA apps. Perfect for turbo apps. though. SP engineering has a 70mm tanabe ultra replica comin out( its a little on the large side for an NA app though.)

If you wanted to sound like a 350z then you should have bought one in the first place. your car is a honda and a 2L I4, nothing like the 3.5 V6 in the Z. To my knowledge the stock 350z exhuast isnt very lond or too distictive. If your lookin for deep and good sounding get a hks hi power. If your lookin to not worry about power later and u plan on really upin the power NA then look at the BCIII. Its unfortunatly obsenely loud and kinda ricy from what ive heard (havent installed mine yet).you can get it for bout 600 shipped. If your lookin for sumthin for a turbo app. then buy a hks or apexi turbo muffler and get a shop do do you some 75mm piping and weld it on there. It should be around 500. Or you could get the new Greddy sytem. Ti and prolly bout 1k.

·
i-vtec.Do you?
1,595 Posts
Lol u'll never sound like a 350z.I have a apexi n1 muffler with custom 2.5 inch mandrel bent piping with no resonator or anything so even with a cat it is still loud as hell my boy bruno's 350 has dual injen exhaust still has his cats and with 2 resonators and it's loud as hell sounds like the car is shooting droids haha.HE raced a 240 with a silvia swap smoked him hehe and all he has is injen cai and injen exhaust.O i lucked out to on my exhaust friend had it on his rsx sold it to me for 100 bucks.He told me it was 2.5''(65mm) didnt get a chance to measure it with some calipers but i want to redo my system where can i buy very thin steel piping like your buddy club and ima upgrade my muffler to a n1 turbo i was thinking also should i run it under the control arm for maximam flow or just run it over like its suppossed to be.I want maximama power and flow.

·
Registered
14 Posts
RSXType-Smoking said:
Lol u'll never sound like a 350z.I have a apexi n1 muffler with custom 2.5 inch mandrel bent piping with no resonator or anything so even with a cat it is still loud as hell my boy bruno's 350 has dual injen exhaust still has his cats and with 2 resonators and it's loud as hell sounds like the car is shooting droids haha.HE raced a 240 with a silvia swap smoked him hehe and all he has is injen cai and injen exhaust.O i lucked out to on my exhaust friend had it on his rsx sold it to me for 100 bucks.He told me it was 2.5''(65mm) didnt get a chance to measure it with some calipers but i want to redo my system where can i buy very thin steel piping like your buddy club and ima upgrade my muffler to a n1 turbo i was thinking also should i run it under the control arm for maximam flow or just run it over like its suppossed to be.I want maximama power and flow.

..lol.. and did you drift on the SilVIa also.. Your response is all over the place.

Just as thatguywiththersx said, if you want the sound of a 350z engine, you must purchase a vechicle with that engine. =)

·
i-vtec.Do you?
1,595 Posts
No no drifting involed on this one

·
Registered
4,313 Posts
antonioguess said:
Which exhaust sounds closest to the 350Z? Gives good gains and is under 5 bills:beerchug: :beerchug: :beerchug:
Lets see, which exhaust sounds like 350z, I think the only one that sounds like the 350z's exhaust is the one that comes with the 350z's engine. They have a 3.5 V6, we are 4bangers. We will always sound like little 4bangers :thumbsup:

·
Registered
563 Posts
antonioguess said:
how does the Borla sound during highway speed and when you really step on the gas hard???
The Borla has a lower pitched, full bodied, tuned exhaust sound. It's not ricey or boy-racer. If Porsche made a 4 cylinder, it would sound like our car with the Borla. It's very livable at highway speeds. I like mine.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts