Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had 2 sets of those cheap aftermarket bulbs in my car. They have only lasted a couple of months each time. The driver side just blew on the way to work and now I am really considering just getting some Xenon Depot HIDs for my Pearl White S. I just don't know what temp to get. I love the look of my Dad's Jaguar HID kit and want something similar to the BMW and Mercedes. I have been leaning towards getting the 6000k, would you all recommend this? Also have there been any group buys to try to get the cost down on them. BTW I live in BC Canada and I would rather buy them in person so if there are any stores, etc that do this can someone please let me know. Thanks in advance. :dontknow:

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
I think the 6000K would be the closest to the BMW/Mercedes look...4100K is definitely the brightest and whitest. 5000K bulbs are coated in blue I believe. 5000K is my favorite. The higher you go temp-wise, the less bright it will be (relatively).

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the quick replys. I'm not really concerned about how bright they are as much as getting the color that I want. I've seen the pics of the differences but it's real hard to tell through a pic instead of actually seeing them. I'm just aiming for the blueish/purpleish look of the higher end autos.

·
Huh?
1,738 Posts
Hmm.. for that purplish bluish fading in and out you need projectors and 8000K hid's i'd say.. Or just get some Vision 6000k's since they do look alot more purple than blue..

·
Registered
71 Posts
I just got mine in from Hp Autoworks. I got the vision 6000k purple tint and I must say that they are so very nice. I had the phillips kit before and this kit is way brighter in color. Install was a breeze and everything was plug and play like the guy said.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
are any of these kits plug and play because im not the most skilled at installing these things and id rather not have to cut many wires, if any at all.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
how come XD doesn't have prices on their site.

I want 5000k, how much is that..... $300.....$400.....$100,000

·
Washington Huskies
3,040 Posts
yeah to get that purpliush fade in and out like the bmw and audis, you need projectors with the HIDs. if not, you will just get that one brightness that in all honesty seems to blind people more than anything. i get high beamed all the time. getting the projectors will give it a nice cutoff to stop the blinding while giving a nice color.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts