Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a base auto rsx. Which engine mod would give me the biggest gains. (and don't say super/turbo charger or engine swap)

Thanks.

Also, will a lsd hook up to my car?

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Wtf is up with people with automatic transmissions asking for clutches and lsd's and flywheels and stuff.... Just drive your car and enjoy it! :p If you wanna make it handle better, by all means thats great, but damn if you wanted to go faster, shoulda got a faster car.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I thought I would get an answer like that.....but what I'm looking for is like actual engine mods. I already have i/h/e. Just wondering what could I change in my engine to give me better performance. If there is nothing, than that's ok. I'll be happy with what I got.

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Skunk2 cams i heard sum time in feb, crower cams around may and no word on the skunk2 intake manifold. Just gonna have 2 wait . Only little mods i can think of is motor mount inserts, j's tq dampener, stuff like that. U wanna get inside u could always upgrade ur bottom end not that u need to on a N/A base though. Could even port n polish your head.

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
James S said:
Buy a K20A2 Head. Also there's a company that increases the engine capacity to 2.4L from 2.0 Liters, gets a great boost in performance. Uhm... the Hondata Intake Manifold Gasket? Uhm... the ECU?
i 4got a few things. :iamwiths:

·
Registered
294 Posts
hi-flow cat., possibly new intake manifold and throttle body but not sure. I am in the same exact position and don't know which direction to head. Could look at a new torque converter, carbon fiber hood for weight saving, I don't know what else. Maybe better tires depending on what you have now. At some point the hondata ecu upgrade seems like the way to go. Let me know what you decide on and how it works out. Hope these ideas help

·
Registered
294 Posts
James S said:
Buy a K20A2 Head. Also there's a company that increases the engine capacity to 2.4L from 2.0 Liters, gets a great boost in performance. Uhm... the Hondata Intake Manifold Gasket? Uhm... the ECU?
What company is increasing the engine capacity to 2.4 and is this strictly for the K20A2 or for K20A3 auto also? thanks

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks for the replies. Those were the kind of things I was looking for. I would like to find out which company can make it a 2.4 Might look into getting the hondata gasket as well. As for the ECU flash, I don't want to get it done until I finish getting the upgrades I want. I don't really care about top speed. I would just like to have a quick take off. As for the mods I have done already.......

ADR 18" Tension Rims
Yokohama Parada Spec2 215/40/ZR18
Tein Flex coilover kit
Greddy EVO II catback (not installed yet)
OEM RSX-R Header (not installed yet)
AEM v2 intake (not installed yet)
Red and Black leather shift knob

Future performance mods:

hi flow cat (will need to hook my exhaust up)

·
Registered
294 Posts
Hondata wouldn't only increase your top speed, it would help you accelerate too. The power increases are over the whole power band. Also the red line is increased in SS mode

1 - 20 of 26 Posts