Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

· Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
as what title say....
which one's first????in your opinion
Bodykit's or Rims?????

IMO i go for bodykits first....new rims without bodykit's looks kinda weird to me...

· Go Seminoles!
579 Posts
cal2amel said:
as what title say....
which one's first????in your opinion
Bodykit's or Rims?????

IMO i go for bodykits first....new rims without bodykit's looks kinda weird to me...
I disagree, a body kit with stock rims looks absolutely ridiculous IMO. I've got new wheels headed my direction, but a body kit will be one of the last things I do to my car. It's all about what YOU think though, but if you want my honest opinion I'd go wheels waaaaay before the body kit.

~Luke

· Retired OG
60,317 Posts
cal2amel said:
Are you serious, a big flashy bodykit on stock wheels has to be the most ricer thing I have ever seen, I laugh at ever one in my town. I am not meening to flame you, but get wheels first, cars look fine with just wheels, do rcacecars have huge bodykits on stock wheels,....no, they but nice wheels on a stock car with cool paint. Again I am not trying to flame, but this has to be one of my biggest pet peeves

Huge body kits before wheels=

Huge body kit after wheels= :thumbsup:

· Registered
132 Posts
While I'm not as adamant about the whole body kit vs. wheels thing, I definitely agree with the above posts. Cars with wheels and without body kits look just fine, but getting a body kit on the car without wheels just looks odd. If you get something simple like the OEM/TypeR kit or maybe the C-West kit it might not look so bad since it's just a simple lip kit, but a normal body kit would just be too much with stock rims.

· On a mission from God
1,564 Posts
I have the Oem kit with stock wheels...looks fine. But yeah, if you're getting a full bodykit, i'd go with wheels first, cause it does look dumb if you have this ultra-aggressive kit and stock rims.

· Registered
62 Posts
you dont hve a body kit, but you already have rims
so it make sense to get the body kit first
that is what i m going to do... aggressive body kits + stock rims

when i have extra cash, i go with the rims, i dont think there are anything wrong w that

see... you can get aftermarket rims... but those could be cheap rims... worse than your stock rims... so unless you want to go for some good investment, stick with your stock rims and get the body kits first

· Registered
332 Posts
Isn't the car gonna look like crap with wheels and not lowered? Is the wheel gap going to be ridiculous? You may want to be careful before doing anything and plan everything out because I think I'd rather see a body kit on stock rims than a stock car on new rims with 4" wheel gap IMO.

· Car Is Sold!
1,994 Posts
It's pretty much each person's preference. I don't like a flashy bodykit, so I got wheels. If I do decide on something, it'd probably be a lip kit. I've also seen bodykits with stock wheels and it looks alright. I don't like it, but it's not my car. If you have your mind on getting the bodykit first, then do it.

· Registered
236 Posts
noslenwerd said:
actually i say drop it before either of those
dropping it is great but if you only had the money for one or the other I'll take wheels.

it might look goofy for awhile but i'd rather being gripping the road then sticking with the stock tires.

the first 2 things I'm doing is tires then suspension.

I say take care of the suspension and motor befor you mess with a bodykit.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.