Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
_
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which test pipe are the greddy people using to eliminate the cat?

Does the unforgettable pipe fit?

Or is it a custom fab.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
I got the unforgettable pipe and i plan on going greddy in late spring early summer.
from what i heard the unforgettable pipe works with greddy

·
Registered
6,623 Posts
The unforgettable is the only bolt on out there.....if you know of a friend that welds get him to make you a custom pipe for about 150 bucks cheaper....the price on the unforgettable is way too much when you could make one for less than 50 dollars

·
Registered
6,623 Posts
RSXdelerium said:
what about a 3" downpipe along with test pipe and exhuast? is it possible to make a 3" downpipe to fit and work?
dont u own a greddy kit

·
Senior Member My Ass
1,650 Posts
exist12 said:
I got the unforgettable pipe and i plan on going greddy in late spring early summer.
from what i heard the unforgettable pipe works with greddy

sorry but the unforgettable doesn't fit. call them to verify. i had it and it would not bolt up. a friend of mine made a custom one for me though.

·
Registered
6,623 Posts
p220 said:
sorry but the unforgettable doesn't fit. call them to verify. i had it and it would not bolt up. a friend of mine made a custom one for me though.
how does the unforgettable not fit? my friend has one...why wouldnt it bolt up?

·
Senior Member My Ass
1,650 Posts
it won't bolt up to the down pipe. i think it's a little too short.

·
Registered
6,623 Posts
damn are you fucking serious? why the fuck do they advertise it on their site...thanks for saving me the money bro.

·
Senior Member My Ass
1,650 Posts
they shouldn't be advertising for greddy turboed rsx's. contact missruthless. her boyfriend chris and i met at an event here in florida and he was considering making one after i kind of complained a little about it. he would make a good profit if he ended up fabricating one. he does make quality products. u could check out www.lhtperformance.net and contact john the owner to see if he could make u one if u are serious. my testpipe is very nice quality but i don't know how much he would charge to make one for someone he doesn't know.

·
Registered
6,623 Posts
p220 said:
they shouldn't be advertising for greddy turboed rsx's. contact missruthless. her boyfriend chris and i met at an event here in florida and he was considering making one after i kind of complained a little about it. he would make a good profit if he ended up fabricating one. he does make quality products. u could check out www.lhtperformance.net and contact john the owner to see if he could make u one if u are serious. my testpipe is very nice quality but i don't know how much he would charge to make one for someone he doesn't know.
Do you think I could get my money back? they said theyre not shipping it out till friday......

I would think it would bolt up to the greddy downpipe cuz the greddy downpipe bolts right up the stock "uppipe"......There should be no difference between the stock header and the greddy downpipe as far as bolting up...

if i want a custom i could just buy 3 inch piping, weld some flanges on, put in the 02 bungs and be set.....i just figured this pipe was alot quicker

·
K series tuning liberator
2,524 Posts
<--------custom fab 3in testpipe.

·
Senior Member My Ass
1,650 Posts
i don't know bro. i would have asked them beforehand whether or not it would fit with the greddy turbo. i remember discussing this issue with chris the owner of unforgettable sounds. they are good people to deal with. get with missruthless about a refund. it wouldn't fit because of the bend in the center of the test pipe itself.

·
Registered
6,623 Posts
p220 said:
i don't know bro. i would have asked them beforehand whether or not it would fit with the greddy turbo. i remember discussing this issue with chris the owner of unforgettable sounds. they are good people to deal with. get with missruthless about a refund. it wouldn't fit because of the bend in the center of the test pipe itself.
I might just try it out and see how it fits.....Theres no difference between the greddy kit and stock rsx's in terms of fitment - the greddy downpipe bolts right up to the stock uppipe just like the stock header did before the downpipe....so that must mean the test pipe would bolt right in......lol am i missing something? i dont understand how it wouldnt fit

·
Senior Member My Ass
1,650 Posts
try it you'll see for yourself. the bend in the unforgettable is not placed right in the pipe to bolt up.

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
I know this is a stupid question but, will you throw a CEL with a test pipe. I know you will on a normal car, but on a boosted car you usally have a missing link or something that clears CEL

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
i would think it would fit fine since the greddy kit will bolt up to the stock cat

1 - 20 of 27 Posts