Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Torkless and Vtakin'
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just found out that I have a nail in my tire. I am going to get it plugged but the tires are at about 35% so they need to be changed anyway. What is a good all season performance style tire?

I am going to getting some new wheels and tires hopfully soon...I and I would be using the stock wheels and these tire just for the winter months. We dont get much snow here. Just dont want salt on my new wheels.

Any suggestions of tires would be great. Any good or bad experiences with tires would also be appreciated. Thanks.

·
Naptown_Dblock_Bama_STL
868 Posts
I've had personal experiance with the Toyo Proxes 4 and Falken RT-615

The Proxes are the all seasons out of the two and I would say they are pretty good.
Much improved in the rain over stock, much improved in the dry over stock. They grip decently well, way better then stock, but nowhere near the Falken's (summer tire.)

I've had them about 6k miles so I can't comment on treadlife although they are rated at 300, the same as stock.

I'm sure there are some other all-season tires that falken or kuhmo or any other brand that is comparable or better.

That being said, utilize the search button before you buy anything

·
Registered
598 Posts
Goodyear Eagle F1 GS D3. amazing wet traction, great dry traction too. they're a summer tire, but like i said, wet traction is off the board. only thing is they're real expensive

·
Torkless and Vtakin'
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Goodyear Eagle F1 GS D3. amazing wet traction, great dry traction too. they're a summer tire, but like i said, wet traction is off the board. only thing is they're real expensive
Yeah, I looked at those until I saw the price tag. haha
I've had personal experiance with the Toyo Proxes 4 and Falken RT-615

The Proxes are the all seasons out of the two and I would say they are pretty good.
Much improved in the rain over stock, much improved in the dry over stock. They grip decently well, way better then stock, but nowhere near the Falken's (summer tire.)

I've had them about 6k miles so I can't comment on treadlife although they are rated at 300, the same as stock.

I'm sure there are some other all-season tires that falken or kuhmo or any other brand that is comparable or better.

That being said, utilize the search button before you buy anything
I was looking at those as well as the comparable Falken tires. I have had a very good experience with Falkens as well and I leaning toward them. Thanks for the info thought guys. keep it coming.

·
Registered
856 Posts
I went through a set of Nitto NeoGens and a set of Pirelli PZero Nero M&S (both 205/45/16) on my Integra, and bought my RSX with Bridgestone Potenza RE960AS Pole Positions on the stock rims. Of the two sets I used up, the Nittos probably had a little better dry grip initially, but they wore out significantly quicker and wet traction died of even earlier. I got about 10k more miles out of the Pirellis, and wet traction didn't seriously drop off until they were almost to the wear bars. Hard to make a direct comparison to the Bridgestones on a different car, but I'd guess they are close to the Pirellis.

·
Torkless and Vtakin'
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I went through a set of Nitto NeoGens and a set of Pirelli PZero Nero M&S (both 205/45/16) on my Integra, and bought my RSX with Bridgestone Potenza RE960AS Pole Positions on the stock rims. Of the two sets I used up, the Nittos probably had a little better dry grip initially, but they wore out significantly quicker and wet traction died of even earlier. I got about 10k more miles out of the Pirellis, and wet traction didn't seriously drop off until they were almost to the wear bars. Hard to make a direct comparison to the Bridgestones on a different car, but I'd guess they are close to the Pirellis.
Okay, ill keep that in mind. I was look at a set of falken. Discount tire has them for 73 bucks a piece and the almost have the same tread pattern as the ones I used to have...might even be them...IDK

for price.. id say sumitomo :D but dont go taking turns @ 100.. feels like you're riding on a cloud haha
Haha, thanks man.

Keep em coming.

·
I mean, this guy...
7,034 Posts
Ive been running the Yokohama AVID W4S's and they have been great in wet/dry conditions. I havent gotten a chance to test them in light snow, but these are only summer wheels anyways. The tires are also budget friendly. $106 each on tirerack.com

I also just bought a set of Bridgestone Potenza Grid's to mount on my winter ITR's. Havent tested them out yet, but im lookin forward to see how they ride. $111 each on tirerack

Both All-Season tires

·
when in rome
18,627 Posts
get some KDW's
qft. if you want all season with snow performance you cant beat bfg kdws tires. if you really dont see snow then go with bfg gforce sports.

·
Torkless and Vtakin'
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I think I'm going to go with the Falken Ziex 512's. I know that they are been discontinued for another tire but there are a few things I like about the 512 that the 912 doesn't have. They are small things but still.

Does anyone have these tires I am speaking of? Any info on em?

·
Firefighter/Paramedic
8,720 Posts
I think I'm going to go with the Falken Ziex 512's. I know that they are been discontinued for another tire but there are a few things I like about the 512 that the 912 doesn't have. They are small things but still.

Does anyone have these tires I am speaking of? Any info on em?
Had those before. Great tire.

Just got some today. Great griping tires:thumbsup:
I got those now. Love them.

·
Torkless and Vtakin'
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks guys.

·
when in rome
18,627 Posts
Just got some today. Great griping tires:thumbsup:
yeah after i had a set of BFG's save my ass on the road, i was hooked. its the only kind of performance tire i will buy. i wish they made motorcycle tires.

·
Torkless and Vtakin'
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
yeah after i had a set of BFG's save my ass on the road, i was hooked. its the only kind of performance tire i will buy. i wish they made motorcycle tires.

I have wanted the BFG g-force for a while. The ones that Chip Foose uses for almost all his cars. They are sick but it says on the site they are summer tires. I heard they dont even do good in the rain! Just dry...

I just recently had the dual compound Diablo Corsa III's put on my bike. Amazing tires. Felt like a brand new bike man!

·
when in rome
18,627 Posts
will have to try the corsa 3's. bfg sports are great in wet and dry.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts