Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Super Newbie
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know if this has been brought up before but which turbo are some of you waiting for (Brand wise)? I personally am waiting for Drag, HKS, or XS. Mostly XS because I like their work on the RX-7s. But there are others that might be in process that we might not know of like Turbonetics, FMAX, Turbo Specialties and more but can't think of them. So what are you waiting for?

·
Super Newbie
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
syle said:
I don't see any reason to wait, other than saving up the money for CN.

Unless you need a turbo right this instant you can't possibly think that CN is gonna have the best turbo kit for the life of K-series can you?

·
Registered
184 Posts
Jay-Jay said:
Unless you need a turbo right this instant you can't possibly think that CN is gonna have the best turbo kit for the life of K-series can you?
This thread makes no sense. To start with, "the best ever" is purely subjective. Do you mean the best 300whp turbo or the best 800 whp? Those are vastly different ends of the spectrum.

More importantly, what is lacking in our current turbo aftermarket that needs to be better? Power, quality, support, price? In what ways do you think those companies you listed will be any better? Having a well-known name means nothing for power in the end -- just ask Greddy.

By the time you know for a fact what will be the best ever, it will be too late to really matter. Instead of asking, "What are you waiting for?" a better question is, "Why wait?"

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
syle said:
This thread makes no sense. To start with, "the best ever" is purely subjective. Do you mean the best 300whp turbo or the best 800 whp? Those are vastly different ends of the spectrum.

More importantly, what is lacking in our current turbo aftermarket that needs to be better? Power, quality, support, price? In what ways do you think those companies you listed will be any better? Having a well-known name means nothing for power in the end -- just ask Greddy.

By the time you know for a fact what will be the best ever, it will be too late to really matter. Instead of asking, "What are you waiting for?" a better question is, "Why wait?"
:iamwiths:

·
Registered
419 Posts
rsxman4ever said:
Im waiting for the cybernation turbo. Or is it already out for sale??
heh heh..get the stage III ill give you props

·
Registered
48 Posts
the SFP kit is by far the best kit on the market bar none. No one else is making 300+ wheel HP on stock internals and not blowing their car up. cough cough... their kit is only $500 more than the competitors and if you look at what goes into it, like the manifold, the piping quality, pipe routing, quality of the hard parts, the power output, the warranty (yes 3 year warranty on their turbo headers, IC pipes, and downpipes, and 1 year warranty on turbos). If anyone would like to take up a friendly challenge myself and Most-Wanted who has an EP3 with SFP would more than love to meet "anyone" at the track stock internals or otherwise. Let's all put our money where our mouths are and prove once and for all what's what and who's who. I guess there was and EP3/DC5 meet in Tampa this past weekend (couldn't make it, cause turbo is being installed by SFP as we speak) and Most-Wanted took a cybernation owner for a ride and scared the poor guy to death with the insane speed and acceleration. then he took 3 people in the car with him and raced a tweaked 13.0 second SRT4 and straight up walked away from the guy like he was a non turbo neon. I dunno man, I don't know any 12 second stock internal turbo K20A cars running over 110mph aside from the SFP cars.

·
kicker
1,852 Posts
TopFuelDC5 said:
the SFP kit is by far the best kit on the market bar none. No one else is making 300+ wheel HP on stock internals and not blowing their car up. cough cough... their kit is only $500 more than the competitors and if you look at what goes into it, like the manifold, the piping quality, pipe routing, quality of the hard parts, the power output, the warranty (yes 3 year warranty on their turbo headers, IC pipes, and downpipes, and 1 year warranty on turbos). If anyone would like to take up a friendly challenge myself and Most-Wanted who has an EP3 with SFP would more than love to meet "anyone" at the track stock internals or otherwise. Let's all put our money where our mouths are and prove once and for all what's what and who's who. I guess there was and EP3/DC5 meet in Tampa this past weekend (couldn't make it, cause turbo is being installed by SFP as we speak) and Most-Wanted took a cybernation owner for a ride and scared the poor guy to death with the insane speed and acceleration. then he took 3 people in the car with him and raced a tweaked 13.0 second SRT4 and straight up walked away from the guy like he was a non turbo neon. I dunno man, I don't know any 12 second stock internal turbo K20A cars running over 110mph aside from the SFP cars.
Do you have any info on this, like a web site?

·
Registered
48 Posts
www.sfp.net is their website. I guess it's not up to date but there is some Si informatioin with a few pics in the new products section I think. I asked them the other day and they said there doing an update for the website soon. apparently everything on the ep3 SI kit applies to the RSX as well. Here is a discussion about cybernation vs. SFP http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=31916

·
Banned
7,563 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
wunluv said:
2 Fast, 2 Furious. :blah:
Why don't you reply with "sure I'll meet ya at the track with my stage 3 turbo kit!" :rolleyes: :laughing: C'mon don't be skerred.

·
Registered
5,333 Posts
TopFuelDC5 said:
Why don't you reply with "sure I'll meet ya at the track with my stage 3 turbo kit!" :rolleyes: :laughing: C'mon don't be skerred.
Na, I'll let you race the EP first, if you beat him, then I'll think about it. ;)
Kit looks nice btw. To get the 300whp, did you guys use the alcohol injection?

·
Out on bail
3,816 Posts
TopFuelDC5 said:
www.sfp.net is their website. I guess it's not up to date but there is some Si informatioin with a few pics in the new products section I think. I asked them the other day and they said there doing an update for the website soon. apparently everything on the ep3 SI kit applies to the RSX as well. Here is a discussion about cybernation vs. SFP http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=31916
I think i'll stick to cybernation.

·
[email protected] stock tires I/E
1,091 Posts
wunluv did you ever run your car?

1 - 20 of 46 Posts