Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I was looking around and I can get a deal on some turbos, so I was wondering what specs do I need to look for when purchasing a turbo? I would eventually buy the rest of the stuff like piping and everything from CN most likely. But I was just wondering what size turbo will bolt on to the CN manifold. Also I think I remember someone saying that it was a .6 AR or somethin along those lines for the turbo.

If this is a repost and I just suck at searching then ignore. :confused:

And what does the AR on a turbo mean anyway?

·
Registered
449 Posts
I believe any turbo that uses a t3 style turbine houseing should blot right up. The only issues you might run into is firewall clearance with a turbo that has a large compressor but i`m not sure as i have never measured the clearance. A/R refers to the ratio of The area to the radius of the turbine or compressor wheel. For the turbine, a larger A/r usually means more spool up time but also more flow on the top end. I`m not sure what the optimal A/R is on a rsx with a T3 turbine, turbine wheel, and standar bearings is. Call Garret or turbonetics and see what they recomend.

·
Banned
3,454 Posts
If you use cybernation's manifold you're good to go. THey mount their turbos underneath the manifold for extra clearance.

There is however a guy on the boards who is using a log style manifold with his T3/T4 and he's been running strong with NO HEAT WRAP either.:nervous:

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So all I need to find is a turbo with a T3 flange? What about making sure the piping fits on the inlet and how about the downpipe flange that will go on the side of the turbo?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.