Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
*BOOSTED* Lead Foot
1,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm pretty set on getting a CN turbo kit because of the quality, popularity, and scalability (planning on stage 2 next year).

Which turbo would be best for everyday driving, where, most likely, I'll be boosting everyday....sometimes I vtec my car just to vtec it...so I think I'll be in boost quite often...
I'm trying to weigh the differences between the T3/T4 hybrid that CN offers or the 60-1 hi-fi that CN offers as well.

I've heard, but am not sure, that you can get 300whp out of a T3/T4 setup at 10psi, or thereabouts...300Whp out of the 60-1 at 7psi because it spools a little later....I'm wondering how much, if at all, lag would be a problem or not.

Also, are there any special tools that I may need for the install of a CN kit? I've heard that on some BOV's you have to weld adapters....is this true?

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
If you are going to upgrade to a Stage 2 anytime soon I would get the T60-1. It makes more power on a Stage 1 setup in general, and can handle a little more boost than a T3/T4 which would be better for the Stage 2 setup.

·
Buttplugs?
313 Posts
I agree with zotex, a 60-1 turbo would be better since you want to upgrade. I doubt turbo lag will be an issue, unless you are a trck fiend where a 1/4 sec will make or break your day. I am going with the 60-1 when i get the kit b/c it will probably last longer.

·
I Don't Even
9,180 Posts
Isn't the lag good since you would get a bit more traction before it is fully spooled?

·
Registered
419 Posts
well if your laggin around 3-4k with the 60-1-hifi and the t3/t4 spools round 3k you make the decision..you'll be fast from like 60-100 but slow from 0-60 if you get the 60-1-hifi..

·
*BOOSTED* Lead Foot
1,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
good points guys:) 60-1 it is:) I just called up Mr. Cleve from CN last night and things are going good. the 60-1 is a MINOR cost upgrade over the T3/T4...like less than $250 iirc.

·
*BOOSTED* Lead Foot
1,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
here, where I'm at now....it's raining almost all day...NO traction at all! hahahha:) and I can break traction on snow in 6th gear....but I have NO acceleration hehehe...Those Toyo T1S's I got are GREAT for dry weather, but royally suck for anything else..

·
Broke Modifier
1,069 Posts
I'm also in the market for a new turbo. I dont know which one is better, the Greddy or Cybernation. Cybernation is about a grand more and witht aht grand I could add upgrades to the greddy which would probably produce more HP. I'm just trying to get a grasp of the TYpe S world since I just got my 04

·
*BOOSTED* Lead Foot
1,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
as far as RSX's are concerned, Cybernation is the most popular, tried and true, complete turbo kit for the RSX...Most Greddy kits I've seen don't come with an intercooler, that's why they're cheaper.
Most research I've done on this board points to the CN "complete-ness" of the kit...(you get everything you need as far as parts are concerned), and support, I'm definately going with CN!:) With Greddy, they use a different computer and have had some problems in the past with fuel settings, etc...So far, you get more HP out of a CN kit than you do a Greddy...just my 2 cents tho.

·
///M
5,299 Posts
I had this same exact dilemma, about which turbo to get from CN and I called up Lee to ask him which turbo would suit my needs and he said the if you do decide to get the 60-1 turbo then you have to ALWAYS monitor the turbo incase of overboost.... He said that if you decide to get the 60-1 you should know a little bit about turbos to adjust at certain times and know whats wrong, if anything goes wrong... After talking to him, I decided on the t3/t4... good luck

·
Registered
6,623 Posts
How does Cn mount larger turbos between the block and the firewall? After mounting my small greddy turbo today, I cant imagine fitting anything larger

·
zoom..........zoom...zoom
5,050 Posts
Bip Bip said:
Cybernation definately has good helpful customer service.
hey bip bip long time no talk, are those running lean problems solved?

·
zoom..........zoom...zoom
5,050 Posts
awesome to hear, looking forward to seeing u and ur car next sat :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
firedc5 said:
awesome to hear, looking forward to seeing u and ur car next sat :thumbsup:
I hope we have some good weather. Whenever it gets to the negatives, my piggy-back has problems compensating fuel considering that I'm boosting at 11psi w/a 7psi spring.

Sorry Aft3rburn, we temorarily hijacked your thread.

·
*BOOSTED* Lead Foot
1,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Bip Bip said:
I hope we have some good weather. Whenever it gets to the negatives, my piggy-back has problems compensating fuel considering that I'm boosting at 11psi w/a 7psi spring.

Sorry Aft3rburn, we temorarily hijacked your thread.
it's all good:) hehehe

I've been wanting to ask you some questions regarding the 60-1 and whatnot...forums have been down...

I was told by a "reputable" shop around here that the 60-1 won't fit our cars (physical size) and that we don't have enough velocity to spool the 60-1 up...I took a look at a guys 60-1 setup in a small dodge truck with a V8, and that 60-1 is HUGE!!!

Also..what boost controller comes with the CN kit?

1 - 20 of 58 Posts