Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is whisling sound mean you have turbo charger or is that some sorda umm exhaust and shit?
and whislin gets louder faster ya go?
i personaly think its a turbo..
don't you guys think so?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
damn its so loud?
so heres the question.
wat makes sound so loud? dose it depend on the BOV or the size of the pipe u use?
 

·
4shizzle
Joined
·
543 Posts
RSik_C said:
damn its so loud?
so heres the question.
wat makes sound so loud? dose it depend on the BOV or the size of the pipe u use?
i donno im a newb, i know different BOV's have different sound but im pretty sure it depends on how much air is being pushed by the turbine (the higher the rpms its spinning) and I guess the psi associated w/ it (pipe size?). when the throttle is closed the air thats comming from the still spinning turbine is released into the atmosphere through the BOV, untill the turbo slows down, or the throttle opens up again allowing the air to go into the chamber. So if the psi is high when the throttle closes the air will be forced out harder? I also am pretty sure the BOV is vacuum actuated.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,968 Posts
the BOV only goes off when u shift or release teh gas though.


i'm guessing u're talking about those whistling exhausts, or possible a supercharger, which has a more whining sound.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,037 Posts
a BOV usually sounds like a Shhhhhhhhhhh noise when on a turbo charged car. Some people get a whistling noise from their intakes sucking in air too. In not exactly sure what the question was but hope that helps
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yea but i get that whsilin sound from intake its when suppose i move the gear from 3rd to frist all of sudean u hear this whislein sound but no i'm sure its BOV.
the thing is when u drive at high RPM it should make loud whislin noise right?
 

·
I LOVE HIGH SCHOOL GIRLS!
Joined
·
20,225 Posts
nobody said it yet?

its the wooowooo!!!

but only fo decorations!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,126 Posts
RSik_C said:
yea but i get that whsilin sound from intake its when suppose i move the gear from 3rd to frist all of sudean u hear this whislein sound but no i'm sure its BOV.
the thing is when u drive at high RPM it should make loud whislin noise right?

Unless you're car is turbo'd and (no offense) hopefully it's not since you're having to ask this question because I'm really not following it 100% but IMO the whistling sound you could be hearing may just be wind noise or possibly just the fact that a 3rd->1st shift is going to send the rpms through the roof and alot more air is going to be moving through the intake manifold... i dunno, hope this helped some :dontknow:


lat-R
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,968 Posts
Havana Joe said:
nobody said it yet?

its the wooowooo!!!

but only fo decorations!!

actually i said whistling exhausts earlier.


base RS? u mean RSX? u could go CN, or greddy with some modding. that's really about the only two kits. for a base though, i'd either go with the CN or do a custom set-up.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,126 Posts
yeah, he's right...i'm not sure about the fitment of the greddy kit on the base but i know that cybernation does have a kit for the base (www.cybernationmotorsports.com) check out the boost forum and do a search there, i'm sure you'll find tons of info on it :thumbsup:


lat-R
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
78 Posts
Greddy is currently working on a turbo for the base.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
if i wanna get a turboi shouldnt spend so much money on intakes and headers and all right?
cuz they come in package dont they?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,968 Posts
Corolla Boy said:
yeah, he's right...i'm not sure about the fitment of the greddy kit on the base but i know that cybernation does have a kit for the base (www.cybernationmotorsports.com) check out the boost forum and do a search there, i'm sure you'll find tons of info on it :thumbsup:


lat-R

of course i'm right, shut up brian :D

not the intake. the header will be in a kit, as a downpipe, but not the intake. u also need a turbo-back exhaust if u're goin turbo, but i have a strong feeling u won't be goin turbo anytime soon.
 
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Top