Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
!!H!!
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My type-s is making a whistling sound and i think its coming from the trans it only happens when the rpm is around 4.5-5k anything under that u cant really hear it.. any ideas of it is?

·
I ♥ My DC5.....
1,064 Posts
My type-s is making a whistling sound and i think its coming from the trans it only happens when the rpm is around 4.5-5k anything under that u cant really hear it.. any ideas of it is?
Is it at a high speed on the Highway or just normal driving any gear. If it's around 70-85mph then it's the seal above the windshield. It went away on mine eventually. Push out on the windshield at the top when the noise happens and it should go away. If it's a whine in any gear it's usually the tranny. Considered normal in other wards but you may wanna check your tranny fluid level and make sure you aren't low.

·
Premium Member
15,843 Posts
normally if it's the transmission it will make the noise the entire time the gear is engaged.

·
Premium Member
15,843 Posts
yeah, i thought about it just being more noticeable with high rpm, but he said it's only between 4.5 and 5

·
Soup to nuts
7,175 Posts
is it whisteling, or whining, i had whistle in my exhaust, turns out my rh had a pinhole in it.

·
!!H!!
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
no i dont hace an intake and it can be heard in 1,2,3 at speeds around 20-40after that the engine is to loud to hear it..... I had acura change the trany fluid about a month ago for the updated version. you think they might not have put enough in? im 100% stock

·
!!H!!
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
could be your TO bearing...

idk..but its getting worse Im going to try and take it in tommrow have them inspect it and check it out...and if they test drive it and tell me they can hear it all hell is going to break lose :chuck: ( they alreadys told me my rsx shifts normal but its notchy as hell and pops out of 4th once in a blue moon):firemad:

·
!!H!!
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

idk..but its getting worse Im going to try and take it in tommrow have them inspect it and check it out...and if they test drive it and tell me they cant hear it all hell is going to break lose :chuck: ( they alreadys told me my rsx shifts normal but its notchy as hell and pops out of 4th once in a blue moon):firemad:

·
!!H!!
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

idk..but its getting worse Im going to try and take it in tommrow have them inspect it and check it out...and if they test drive it and tell me they cant hear it all hell is going to break lose at the stealership :chuck: ( they alreadys told me my rsx shifts normal but its notchy as hell and pops out of 4th once in a blue moon):firemad:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts