Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed something odd the other day. I recently washed my car with Dawn and did an iso + water wipedown in order to remove NXT. I then applied a new sealant to my paint. After this was all said and done, I noticed that the piece of hard plastic trim running across the top of the windshield has white marks on it. The marks are shaped like water marks, but they can't be found anywhere else on the car. I may need to upload a picture to clarify. Is there anyway to clean trim, or do you basically have to re-dye it?

·
Registered
217 Posts
Im currently using back to black on the plastic trim on my car, iv hered of other products some say work better but im happy with it, easy to apply does its job, i have noticed it holds up on some spots better then others, my mirrors and the spot your talking about are fine but i had to reapply the weather stripping n such

·
Occasional Elitist
1,257 Posts
theres a product made by Mothers that is specially designed to penetrate and clean black trim.. look for it in Pep-Boys next time u are there.. forgot what its called tho, so just look

1 - 4 of 4 Posts