Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
We Talkin' Bout Practice?
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my engine bay sometimes would start smoking white almost like its coming from the alternator..i know white smoke is usually coolant but it doesnt really smell like coolant it doesnt have that sweet smell its more of a rubbery burning smell..could it be the serpentine belt? The weird thing about it is it only starts smoking when i drive pretty hard then id turn the engine off for 5 min and the smoke will be gone..so its kinda on and off

·
We Talkin' Bout Practice?
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
power steering fluid leak potentially? I had white smoke coming from that area of the bay when my o-ring busted and sprayed the fluid on the block.
So its happened to you before? Im not losing ps fluid tho..did u replace your ps pump or you just rebuilt it?

·
Registered
947 Posts
So its happened to you before? Im not losing ps fluid tho..did u replace your ps pump or you just rebuilt it?
Well mine was from a custom PS tucked line. The o-ring going into the fitting busted above the pump causing the fluid to spray all over the bay. I didnt even feel a difference in driving until I got home and saw the smoke from the bay....I replaced the whole kit with a different one, refilled and bled the system. Now its all good.

·
Registered
1 Posts
So my engine bay sometimes would start smoking white almost like its coming from the alternator..i know white smoke is usually coolant but it doesnt really smell like coolant it doesnt have that sweet smell its more of a rubbery burning smell..could it be the serpentine belt? The weird thing about it is it only starts smoking when i drive pretty hard then id turn the engine off for 5 min and the smoke will be gone..so its kinda on and off
Did you ever find out what was wrong? This just happened to me a few hours ago.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts